I havent been here in a while :( .............

Options
I feel really bad! I used to come on here everyday for a couple weeks, and even did some little workouts, but then I just stopped! I dont know why, but I just feel like I cant do it! I feel fatter than ever, and its hard to eat right cause we have no money at all! All we can afford is cheap non healthy food ya know? And I cant help myself from not eating some fast food here and there and stuff like KD...I have cut down on pop A LOT though, lol

And I know even just loosing 15lbs, would make a HUGE difference. Im frustrated.

Replies

• slimmingmom
    Options
    The only thing that helped for me was tough love so here is my tough love to you. You need to quit making excuses and just know what you should do. Healthy food or not control how much you eat. AND WALKING IS FREE. Make sure you get all your water in which is free as well. You are sopose to drink half your body weight in ounces. And QUIT eating fast food. Now that stuff is expensive. Think of all the different things you can get with the amount of money you spend on fast food. I'm limited on money as well so my meal plan is cheaper. I get a lot of fresh fruits, and frozen veggies and boneless skinless chicken. I add in more things of course, but all i'm saying is that if you CANT afford fast food, and not becuase of the money but becuase of your life. THIS IS YOUR LIFE, DON'T MAKE EXCUSES AND TAKE CHARGE. And on a less "tough love" note, I wish you all the luck and I know you can do this, just give it all you've got and DON'T give up!
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying, and i agree.

I think the thing that makes it hardest on me, is being with my boyfriend. We love to cook and eat together. I know I wouldnt eat near as much if he wasnt here, you know what I mean?

I plan on getting the wii fif this christmas, so hopefully that will help me exercise.

oh and where and how do you get the before to after virtual pic there?
    *Nevermind, got it!
  • CristinaMunoz
    Options
    My husband LOVES to eat his sweets, bread, pasta..........all the bad stuff. My only advice is to man up a bit. I was gaining weight eating like/with him and I said enough is enough. Make him realize the benefits of a healthier lifestyle. It may take some convincing but if I can get my husband to eat healthier , you can get your boyfriend to join you as well. I am telling you that the support from your signifigant other is monumental. You spend more time with that person thatn anyone else so build a good strong and healthy foundation. If you try to start these habits now they will take you far in your life and in your health. Best of luck to you!!!:bigsmile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    You've gotten some great advice already, I hope you take it, since you seem to be feeling so down on yourself!
    I'd like to also add that you can get a huge container of Quaker Oats oatmeal for hardly anything. I get the one minute kind, and have it almost daily for breakfast. I also shop smart and buy fruits and veggies that are in season and therefore are cheaper. And I buy the cheaper type of meats too. It CAN be done! You CAN lose weight without spending a lot, and the same goes for exercise too.
    For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for he help guys!

Im getting motivated again.

I used to log every food i ate, so I'll try to get on that again. Im on 1200 cals a day, but it seems either I dont eat enough, or if I do, I eat to many cals and or fat. I think also once me and my bf can get our own place, things will be a lot easier for me.

I really cant wait to get the Wii Fit!!!