anyone else have this problem?

Options
It says I should eat 1800 cals a day ...Ive made it to just over 1200(three meals and 2 snacks)I tried to eat more but just made me sick. I should say that I usually dont eat much and have gone the whole day before realizing I had forgotten to eat.I have 5 kids,2 with special needs ,keeps me very busy. I did however wake up hungry for the first time in a long time! Should I just take it slowly and build up to the 1800? Help!

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    yes, just slowly incorporate more calories in..... and eat more calorie dense foods. Nuts, avocado, etc. It's not that hard to add 100 extra calories to breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and there's 300 extra calories. done. undereating will not help you lose weight.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You can try to add nuts to your snacks. Almonds will help you reach a higher number while not over filling you. If your drinking low fat milk, or eating the low fat version of things you can switch to the regular version so get some extra calories in.

But if you have too, work up to the number, add a little each day.

good luck!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I would start with 13-1400 cals and see how you are doing. Make sure you are attempting to eat cleaner foods. non processed. I reallly struggle with that.
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    You could try snacking on really calorie dense foods such as nuts and seeds or drink a glass of milk or a glass of juice. There are lots of ways to sneak in extra calories without you really noticing, like a sprinkling of cheese on one of your meals for example.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Are you wanting to put weight on or lose weight?

Just with you saying that eating 1200 cals a day makes you feel sick?

If you can give a little more info ;-))))
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    trying to lose weight.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Well, as others have said, nuts are great. Unsweetened fruit juice is good but still high in natural sugars. You could add a bowl of cereal with some milk as a snack. Protein shakes are good if you don`t feel hungry but could drink something. Or just generally increasing your portion sizes little by little at each meal.
    Maybe plan your diary the night before so you have a plan to follow the next day?
    Eating will give you more energy for running around after the children...all that running around will give you an appetite...so it`s a win win situation :-)