Grilled Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Healthy Ideas?

Options
Hey guys I cooked a chicken breast for dinner and i have no idea what to do with it, should i have a sweet potato with it or some rice or what? I need something healthy and filling, any ideas?
Thanks

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I just had 2 wraps with grilled chicken, spinach, tomato, avacado and onion with caesar dressing on a low carb tortilla.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wraps would be good, rice and some spices and diced chicken, veggie stir fry with the chicken cut in it. salad with chicken, sweet potato would be good too!
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of grilled chicken....sometimes I cook it on the mini foreman grill and just dip it in salsa....or I eat it with BBQ sauce or cut it up and put it on a salad. I found lots of delicious recipes on Pinterest (just had the garlic 4-ingredient one today which was awesome and quick). For sides, I try to have steamed veggies with Montreal steak seasoning on them or a salad. I'm not good at eating my veggies normally, but I have to make myself eat them now. I just need them seasoned.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Marinate it in Wishbone light Italian dressing and steam some broccoli with it. Serve it with garlic toast.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Quinoa > Rice or Pasta
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    pan sear in th epan where you sauted garlic in a whisper oof olive oil then finish with chicken brth and fresh mint.
  • Laurenx3nyc
    Laurenx3nyc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    chicken, rice, and broccoli mixed with garden fresh salsa. c: mmmmm.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I season mine with lemon pepper & garlic and herb, grilled, served with cheese and broccoli and a side of rice. nomnomnom
  • VickieZureich
    VickieZureich Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like making brown rice and eat a cup and add black beans Or pinto beans on top, if you want to add a little grated cheese it is almost like a casserole...very good and filling.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    marinate it then grill it. or grill it and add a serving of your favorite BBQ sauce. I usually pair it with a salad and a crap load of veggies.
  • leslieannetrone
    leslieannetrone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy a big package of boneless, skinless breasts and/or thighs and separate them into single portions, put different marinades on them, then vacuum seal them and put in the freezer. Then when you're ready to eat, you just thaw out what you need and they're marinated and ready to grill or bake. I just had a stir fry tonight. Just use 4 oz chicken breast, cut into chunks and marinate with some soy sauce, garlic and ginger, then stir fry them with a tbsp of canola and a dash of sesame oil, then throw in as many veggies as you like. The great thing about veggies is they're low cal so you can eat lots and your dish becomes filling without any carb/starch. I make a sauce of rice wine vinegar, honey, soy sauce and chili paste, then when it's almost done cooking I toss a handful of cashew pieces. It's delicious with essentially no carbs and an entire plateful amounts to about 400 calories.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Bed of lettuce.
    Grilled chicken.
    Mozarella cheese.
    Tomato.
    Fresh Basil.
    Balsamic Vinagrette.

Perfect summer time meal
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    In the crock pot with one pkg hidden valley ranch dressing and a bottle of franks hot sauce.
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I saute diced mushrooms, tomato, onion with some butter spray then dump it on top and eat it with snap peas, carrots, broccoli, whatever I have handy. Sometimes mashed potatoes :-)

I just printed a recipe today I want to try: You will need 2 tsp taco seasoning & 2/3 cup bottle salsa. You also need 1 (4 oz) can green chiles drained and thinly sliced, and 2/3 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese. This is for 4 cooked (grilled or skillet) chicken breasts but you put them in a baking dish sprayed with non stick spray, sprinkle with taco seasoning (if you don't season them while cooking with it) then top with salsa, cheese & chiles. Bake at 475 for 8 minutes. Top each with a tbsp. light sour cream and a tsp. of chopped black olives (if desired). Serve with rice. I HAVE to try this one soon. Each breast with all the goodies on top is only 207 calories. It's called salsa chicken from myrecipes website.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome recipe knittingbandm!!!!!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Darn, you guys are too late I ended up marinating it with a tbsp of olive oil, soy sauce, cilantro, a dash of red pepper flakes and garlic pepper then eating it with a sweet potato and corn. Very boring. But I have leftovers so I will definitely throw it in a salad or a wrap tomorrow for lunch!
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options

I just printed a recipe today I want to try: You will need 2 tsp taco seasoning & 2/3 cup bottle salsa. You also need 1 (4 oz) can green chiles drained and thinly sliced, and 2/3 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese. This is for 4 cooked (grilled or skillet) chicken breasts but you put them in a baking dish sprayed with non stick spray, sprinkle with taco seasoning (if you don't season them while cooking with it) then top with salsa, cheese & chiles. Bake at 475 for 8 minutes. Top each with a tbsp. light sour cream and a tsp. of chopped black olives (if desired). Serve with rice. I HAVE to try this one soon. Each breast with all the goodies on top is only 207 calories. It's called salsa chicken from myrecipes website.

This sounds like a great recipe, I'll be sure to make this next Sunday!
  • tlucas69
    tlucas69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    chicken fajitas: with fresh green, red and yellow bell peppers, onion. Use wheat tortillas and low fat sour cream. YUM!!