smaller goals...

Options
All who want to rally with me...drop a line....I really cant do the 100 pound goal..its there...but it is so far away...I cant focus on something so far away, I am near sighted? I dunno but I can only see things that I can reach..and right now I can reach 10 pounds....

My goal is 10 pounds...starting today...
I weigh 303 today...My goal is to lose 10 pounds before the rest of the people who reply to this blog which would put me at a 28 pound loss......starting tomorrow...Wednesday a.m.......I am extremely competitive...here we go.........

I am going into high gear....gonna pump it..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ALL ABOARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Replies

• aahlight
    Options
    All who want to rally with me...drop a line....I really cant do the 100 pound goal..its there...but it is so far away...I cant focus on something so far away, I am near sighted? I dunno but I can only see things that I can reach..and right now I can reach 10 pounds....

My goal is 10 pounds...starting today...
    I weigh 303 today...My goal is to lose 10 pounds before the rest of the people who reply to this blog which would put me at a 28 pound loss......starting tomorrow...Wednesday a.m.......I am extremely competitive...here we go.........

I am going into high gear....gonna pump it..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ALL ABOARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Hey....good luck. I went to a nutritionist yesterday and was told that loosing 1-2 lbs a week is realistic and healthy. I've always heard that the first 10 is water. Who knows. Do you have any limits? I have a food plan...and how many calories I can eat at each meal and then each snack. I'm on a 1400 cal diet. I weight 252 lbs. My goal is 160. I was asked what a realistic goal was for me first, and I said 200. What kind of things are you doing to loose weight? I would love to jump aboard with you. Maybe we can do this together.....

I just calculated out my 1st meal...I'm only allowed 350 cals per big meal and 100 cals for snacks (3 times a day)....I think I'm over about 10 calories....but they said that it's impossible to go cold turkey on your eating patterns. So said that if I was not on 1400 calories this week...it would be okay....I tend to eat a lot of trigger foods....cookies...candies...they said not to cut them out completely, just start to cut back gradually. I hope some of this helps....
  • aahlight
    Options
    I am exercising regularly for the first time in my life.....I work out nearly every day..for at least half an hour...some days I go to curves then come home and do my elliptical....I am counting calories...well I was...I am again I will say lol....I have such a long way to go I dont think starting with a 50 pound goal would be encouraging for me....small strides...I weighed in this morning..down half a pound..lol....right direction anyway..I need to focus again on drinking my water.....thanks...and we can do this together...
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Your on girl!!! I think I need a challenge with some one competative!! 10 lbs here we come :smile: I weigh in on Friday mornings so I will let you know where I'm at then :tongue:
  • Netbrendac
    Options
    I'm with you! :drinker:

I've got a total of about 70 lbs to lose, but I need to focus on smaller goals.

I was 221 this morning. I'll keep in touch with my progress.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hey Netbrendac - we're at about the same place. Last week I weighed in at 220 and would like to get down to 165 and see from there. This could be good for us!! :drinker:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I need to lose 50 lbs (probably more) but I just need to see my first 10 lb goal and then really convince myself I can do this.

have to admit though. My 10 lbs goal isn't getting much closer, if I don't work out. Haven't worked out in 3 weeks. I am terrible.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join in but I'm sick! Boo! This is the second time in a month that I've been sick. It's attacking my lungs and my head, which doesn't help me to work out. If I get to feeling better quickly, I'll check back in with you guys. I'm currently at 195 and am ready to get 10 off, too! Well, I actually would love to lose 65 but 10 at a time is a great way to go! That's twice as much as 5, which I had been focusing on! Good luck to everyone!
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Hey include me in. I have 82 pounds to put me at my ideal weight. But I will be happy with the 1st 10 pounds! Woot! We can do it!!!! :drinker:
  • KOOLSMILE
    KOOLSMILE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in...I have about 150lbs to lose and I find that smaller goals help. My goal is 10lbs a month. Now in order for me to do that, I have to work my but off. I love the gym...I know that sounds crazy, but I really enjoy exercising. I love challenging myself. I have the best trainer in the world, however, I eat like crap. The last 2 days, it has really being bad, but today I am back on track. I would really like to chat with folks on a regular basis. The last time I weighed mysef was on 1/24 and I was 324...down 41lbs. I go to the doctor again on Thursday, so that's when I will find out my weight lost. I know I lost more weight because I can tell in my clothing. Talk to you later.
  • JHOP
    JHOP Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm definately in!!! 10 lbs sounds very do-able!! acutally more like a must do! Wedding in just 4 months..... goal is to go down at least 1 dress size, and keep going after that! Good Luck to everyone

Jordyn
  • adelespears
    Options
    I'm in. We have an end of the year awards ceremony for our theatre department, and I dance in the closing number every year. My goal is to LOSE SOMETHING by the auditions, which is a week from monday (Hopefully get into the 150s) and my other goal is to lose 15-20 pounds by performance, which is kind of a steep number, but I'd be stoked if I could reach it. I'm dedicated enough. Performance is at the end of april/beginning of may.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Iam in the lose 100 lb challenge but I also go in other challenges too. That is my long term goal to be at 140. so I will join this one as well. I am at 237 this morning and I am ready to kick this in to high gear. Good luck to everyone. 227 is not far away!!!!
  • jenn4skinny
    Options
    I'm with you too. I need to be down 74 lbs to be my ideal weight. I started Jan 1st with exercize and counting calories. I'm 209 as of last friday, and am starting off small.. I would like to be down to 180 by may 31st. I am doing pilates 3 times per week, and elliptical 2-3 times per week. Plus i work over night (midnight shift) so I find it really difficult to keep my eating regimine. My daily calorie count is 1700. We can do it! In ten weeks, 10 lbs.
  • stephaniek
    Options
    I'm in too!!! I agree with the smaller goals idea. I will commit to 10 pounds by April 11, 2008. Thanks for the great idea to start with 10, seems much easier that way. I weigh in on Sundays and I was at 146 last Sunday (I notice quite a bit of fluctuation on my scale though). My goal weght is 125. Good luck everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I love mini goals, without them I wouldn't have lost the weight I already have. I was 224 this morning, I'm in on the 10lb race! Total goal is 107lbs which will put me at 140.

Good luck ladies!:wink:
  • nicole0177
    Options
    Im in for the 10lb mark!!!!!
    :bigsmile:
    But is there a goal time to lose the 10 lbs????