What am I doing wrong???

weaverc
weaverc Posts: 158
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I feel so defeated. I recently started exercising again after a month of nursing a stress fracture. I have been eating pretty good and only went over my calories a couple of times for special occassions. In the last two weeks I have gained 5lbs. Since I started exercising and doing cardio again this week, I thought I would see a difference, but the scale didn't move at all. I am not likely to hit my weight loss goal for September now. I need ideas how to overcome this hump.

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Switch up your excercise routines are you eating your excercise calories or atleast half of them..Are you doing any strength training....what your diet consist of..all those things plays a major role probaly water...check your sodium intake
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    What time of the day are you eating? You should not eat 3 hours prior to going to bed or you will not have time to burn the cals and they will be stored as fat.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    I am doing both cardio and weight training. I am exercising 5-6 days a week, but trying to take it a little slow because of my recent foot injury. I don't eat after 7pm if I can help it and I go to bed between 9:30 and 10pm.
  • superstar13
    superstar13 Posts: 133 Member
    Hang in there and keep going sometimes you hit a plateau but your body will finnaly give in if you stick to your plan.
  • LeeiaL
    LeeiaL Posts: 40
    I feel so defeated. I recently started exercising again after a month of nursing a stress fracture. I have been eating pretty good and only went over my calories a couple of times for special occassions. In the last two weeks I have gained 5lbs. Since I started exercising and doing cardio again this week, I thought I would see a difference, but the scale didn't move at all. I am not likely to hit my weight loss goal for September now. I need ideas how to overcome this hump.

When did you start back exercising? If it's a new routine, and you're doing strength training, your muscles could be retaining a bit of water, which should subside in a few weeks.

Are you eating the right number of calories (have you done the calculations)? Are you controlling your sodium intake? Any of the above factors could contribute to weight gain...it would help to know what/how much you're eating.

Hang in there...whatever you do, DO NOT give up!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    if you're doing what your supposed to be doing, then its probably water retention. give it a couple of weeks and the weight should go away.

water retention can happen if you aren't drinking enough water, if you're sodium intake is too high, or if your body is adjusting to a new exercise routine.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Make very sure you're eating enough calories for your activity level, and try eating at least half of your exercise calories. Watch your sodium intake and drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day.
This discussion has been closed.