Anyone starting LiveFIt soon?

Options
I'm starting LiveFit on 7/1 and would like to find others who are starting or have recently started so that we can chat, motivate, support, etc.

Replies

• lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lauren3382
    Options
    no one?!?! :(
  • janarmoore
    janarmoore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it too...i wasn't on 7/1 but i can. I just need to get to the grocery store so my eating is in check. I'm friending you! Good luck.
  • lauren3382
    Options
    Awesome!!! I've heard the diet is definitely something to prepare ahead of time for if you're not used to food prepping and eating the way Jamie outlines it. Looking forward to chatting with you during this journey :)
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4, and it's been great. I've tweaked the diet a bit because there is no way with my husband and I both doing it we can afford to buy all that chicken, etc. We're both having great results so far, and the best should come once the cardio is incorporated. Jamie is awesome, I love her recipes and how understandable she makes the program.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I wish I could start it then, have to wait for a little longer. I can't wait to start it, it looks like a great program, but I'm already preparing for it. Good luck to you
  • lauren3382
    Options
    I'm on week 4, and it's been great. I've tweaked the diet a bit because there is no way with my husband and I both doing it we can afford to buy all that chicken, etc. We're both having great results so far, and the best should come once the cardio is incorporated. Jamie is awesome, I love her recipes and how understandable she makes the program.

Definitley know what you mean about the expense. I'm starting to food prep for week 1 and between the fish and free range chicken & eggs, I've spent a small fortune. I think I'm going to have to use more protein powder than I'd like because we are trying to stay on a budget. That's wonderful that your husband is doing it with you! Mine is too. I think having support inside the house is going to be very helpful for me.

Out of curiousity, what has been the hardest part for you so far? Any advice you'd give to someone about to start? Do you mind if I send a friend request?
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yes, having your spouse do the program helps so much! I love being able to make food together and compare workouts. I'm lucky in that he's a chef, so he's really knowledgeable about nutrition and in ways to make vegetables appealing to me (I'm not a veggie fan, but he has me eating a fair amount). Even though Jamie suggests getting your protein mostly from animal sources, that's just not do-able for us. We drink protein shakes, add soy protein to things we cook, make her recipes for carrot and pumpkin protein bars and turkey muffins (all tasty and a lifesaver when busy), etc. Aside from that difference, I'd say the hardest part has just been making time to cook, and eat frequently. With a 9 and 4 year old and a 3 month old, it's really hard for me to find time to feed myself. I do a lot of pre-cooking of chicken, eggs, and protein bars, slicing of veggies, etc, so that I can make a meal in under 5 minutes. Also, there are a *few* exercises that my gym doesn't have the equipment for. I just look at the bodybuilding.com exercise database and find exercises that can be substituted, while still working the same body part.

In the beginning I found it really hard to change my mentality to not do the cardio. Jamie knows what she's talking about though, and I want to get the maximum muscle gain possible so that when I do start cardio I'll see better results. After the first few days of the program you quickly realize (and feel, lol) that it is a lot more work than it looks like to *just* do weights.

Yes, request away! I would love to be in touch with more people doing the program, and share results at the end! Good luck!!
    (sorry, I apparently can't get the quote feature right)