40 lbs down.. bakersfield

jeep4james
jeep4james Posts: 19 Member
Well, started out at 255, decided to do something about it. Bought a mountain bike and started with MFP, started to see results pretty quick and got pumped up about it. Started to ride further and picked up the road bike for my wife and I (she's been riding with me)
My cycling goal started out at 100 miles per month, but will surpass 200 miles this month (June). Anyways down to about 215, would still like to lose about 15 more and be below 200 for the first time since leaving basic training in 1987!
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0654.jpg
James

Replies

• Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    great work James!!!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Good job!
  • jeep4james
    ok, posting pictures was like pulling teeth, but I think I got it... now the weight loss ticker may take a minute.lol
    BTW I started this process less than 4 months ago.
    Be Blessed,
    James
  • randiz66
    randiz66 Posts: 22 Member
    Keep up the good work Bakersfield.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    You look amazing! Well done :) Keep up the great work!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Oh yes, cycling is a great way to shed some pounds!!!! and sometimes better on joints than running! Great job!!!
  • jeep4james
    Ok, quick update.... New cycling goal is 300+ miles per month, and I've signed up for the Bakersfield Volkslauf race (mud run).
    I've been running 3 miles, 3 times a week now to get ready for the race. Dropped a few more pounds and getting close to my goal weight, of course now that I see that It can be done, I'll change the goal to a lower weight.
    Healthy blessings, James
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Way cool on you! That's a lot of cycle miles, and adding running shows real dedication. You family must be mighty proud of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!