Swolen Lymph node

Options
Has anyone had a swollen lymph node in one of their armpits?
It hurts so much and half of my breast is swolen

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I've never had one in my armpit but they get swollen in my neck (throat) sometimes. They hurt so bad!

If it continues definitely go see a doctor. My roommate had one in her armpit that swelled up huge. They ended up having to drain puss out of it and stuff, which was gross, but if she hadn't they would've had to do surgery.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor. Don't play guessing games on this one.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Go and see your doctor as soon as possible!
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Well if it is swollen without any redness on your skin it could be a lymph node. Lymphitis painful and requires antibiotics to cure. It is caused from an infection somewhere in your body and settled in your lymph node. If you don't get antibiotics it can move throughout your system and send you into sepsis stopping all your organs.

If the skin is red or there is a bump on skin, then it is probably an abcess. Abcesses usually develop under arm and are very painful. If it's an abcess then it has to be drained. You'll also need antibiotics.

Go to the doctor or ER. I would not wait. The longer you wait, the worse the infection will become.
  • MrsPodaski
    MrsPodaski Posts: 34
    Options
    Please, See your Dr right away for an exam. Don't wait on this.. This could be from any number of different issues. Be smart!.
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Go see your Doctor!!

I had enlarged lymph nodes in my neck and I was sent for an ultrasound. They also checked my collarbone and armpits and said that when they enlarge in those areas, it can be a sign of something more serious. Please don't wait on this... it may be nothing but you don't want to wait around to find out!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It could be from infection or something more serious. As others have already advised, please call your doctor right away!
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Agreed, you need to see your doctor as soon as possible. Not to scare you because it could be something as simple as an infection, but could be more serious. I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and swollen lymph nodes is one of the symptoms of this and other types of Leukemia and Cancers.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just had this happen.

Continued to get more and more sick until I could not eat/swallow or sleep (from pain).

I ended up having some sort of hybrid of mono and cmv and developed strep because of a weakened immune system.

DO NOT wait like I did to see the doctor.

Get tested now.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hey, I found out I was seriously sick with a swollen lymph node, please go get that checked.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Don't want to scare you but...I will if it will get you into a doctor sooner. My lymph nodes swell because of lung infections I get all the time. I have lung disease and swollen armpit nodes indicate a serious infection for me. They swell so badly that I have episodes of vasovagal syncopy (pressure on the nodes from arm movement causes pain that drops my blood pressure instantly and I pass out). This has caused me a lot of problems. See your doctor! Go to the Urgent care...do something today and don't wait.
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you need one more opinion - GO SEE A DOCTOR, DON'T WAIT !
  • toysbigkid
    Options
    that's how I found out I had non hodgins lymphoma, please go to a doctor and don't mess around.
  • JMeka
    JMeka Posts: 26
    Options
    I have had a few in the same spot..always left armpit...Abx treatment all the time...go see your doctor.
  • rach_00
    rach_00 Posts: 72
    Options
    I will try and see a doctor tonight
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Let us know whats up and if you're doing alright
  • toysbigkid
    Options
    I'm so glad, let us know how you are, ok?
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I used to date a doctor and I had one one time. Listen to me on this one, please get that checked out, if it gets infected, it can be deadly. It could kill you.
  • rach_00
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice, Will be going to doctors hopefully tonight, Pains getting more intense under arm and in both shoulders
  • rach_00
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I have just been to the doctors, they couldn't find anything wrong with me, other than maybe a cat scratch infection