Being "Overweight" Never Felt So Good!

Options
GumbyAnne
GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
I weighed in this morning at just under 195 pounds. For my height at 5' 8" that means I am no longer "Obese," but rather just "Overweight." Funny how excited I am about finally being overweight!

Only 30 more pounds and I will be in a healthy BMI range! I can't wait!

Replies

• mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Good for you!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep it up - you'll be in the "normal" category before you know it!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's fantastic! Good luck on the last 30 pounds! You can do it!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at just under 195 pounds. For my height at 5' 8" that means I am no longer "Obese," but rather just "Overweight." Funny how excited I am about finally being overweight!

Hee hee! It's so funny that you would say that, but I was just planning on reaching that goal by Thanksgiving! I'll be thankful to be overweight! (no longer obese)

Gratz to you, it's a great milestone and should be celebrated!!
  • chickalistic
    chickalistic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who thought like this. I'm also 5'8 and I'm at 200.4 on weight. I'm dying to get to "overweight" soon.

By hitting that mark, you did several things...

A) made the big step from obese to overweight
    B) changed that first number on the scale from a 2 to a 1
    C) are far enough under the 200 mark that you should never have to see it again, if you continue this lifestyle

GOOD FOR YOU! :)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    cool. That's awesome! Next stop healthy weight! and a 20% BF percent!

good for you lady! :drinker:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo way to go:flowerforyou:
  • leighoconnell
    Options

Great job!! I'm only an inch taller than you but my goals are pretty much the same too! I started off at 223 and am now down to 206 and can't wait till I hit the 190 mark which I hope to do by the end of October!! Way to go!! I bet that feels awesome!
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options

dont trust bmi!
  • lost1
    lost1 Posts: 2
    Options
    good job on the weight loss
    :smile:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    dont trust bmi!

Oh, don't worry, I take it with a HUGE grain of salt. My husband and I are the best example ever of how silly it is to only use 2 factors (height and weight) in estimating health. We are both 5' 8" and in the 190's, so we have a similar BMI. Funny thing is that he is a personal trainer and bodybuilder, the picture of fitness perfection, and I am your standard-issue chubby girl.

I do think it is worth keeping track of, though. Mostly for purposes of celebrating when you pass a milestone like not being obese anymore!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is so awesome!!!! Before you know it you will be at your healthy weight. keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I'm overweight! :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    dont trust bmi!

Oh, don't worry, I take it with a HUGE grain of salt. My husband and I are the best example ever of how silly it is to only use 2 factors (height and weight) in estimating health. We are both 5' 8" and in the 190's, so we have a similar BMI. Funny thing is that he is a personal trainer and bodybuilder, the picture of fitness perfection, and I am your standard-issue chubby girl.

I do think it is worth keeping track of, though. Mostly for purposes of celebrating when you pass a milestone like not being obese anymore!

thus the reason I put so much emphasis on Body Fat % It's a much better indicator of overall health than BMI. Unfortunately it's far harder to calculate as well.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :drinker: Congrats!!!
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    well in my case, overweight is very unhealthy skinny! (really) as i become overweight with just 80kg when you could see my ribs with 90kg, my perfect weight is about 95kg to 100kg where i feel fine!
    The explaination for this is that i allways been a large guy, and hwen i say large i dont actually say Chubby or Fat, i have allways had large bulky shoulders and a large waist (not as large as the shoulders tho lol) when i was a kid (about 19year old) i was very very skinny, i tought i was fat because i was quite heavy, but one day i noticed that i could actually see my ribs in the mirror i was amazed!

Edit: if you notice i began with 140kg and my goal is to loose 30kg, hitting the 110kg mark .
    Mainly because with 110kg i feel amazing! and secondly because it's easyer to reach the 110kg mark than the 90kg mark, so i am trying to make two goals.
    one where i loose the first 30kg and it's my main quest.
    the other one where i try to loose 20kg, if i dont loose them fine, if i loose then even better!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!