• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I call it "Giggity Giggity" in my diary. :D

Oh.Em.GEE, I am SO stealing this. LMAO!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If I work really hard, I log it. If I'm just running around doing a quick dust and polish, I'd be lying to myself, so what's the point?

I also log cooking when I'm doing food prep for a party. That's hard work, people! And stressful. Def burns some calories.

I figure it's significant per HRM, it's log-able -- duh!
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I say who gives a rats *kitten* what people log...whatever keeps them motivated, who cares.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    If I break into massive sweat then I am logging it. Period
  • chukwuwally
    chukwuwally Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's all part of the activity level you set. It's daily activity not exercise IMHO. Just like me cutting the lawn is not exercise. There are days you'll do more and days you'll do less. It all evens out. If you don't believe me, get yourself a Fitbit and see how much difference there is in your daily energy expenditure from day to day. You were doing these kinds of activities before you decided to come here. I think if you are counting this kind of thing, your cheating yourself.

This. I mean, even if you're set at sedentary, cleaning is still factored in in the long run.
    I was cleaning my room when I got fat and I still clean it now. But I never ran or lifted weights before, so I now log them.

Sure cleaning burns calories, and if you're doing unusual cleaning, like maybe intense gardening or heavy lifting furniture about etc you can log it, but day to day cleaning shouldn't be logged. If you are genuinely doing a huge scrub down of your house every single day, then maybe change your cals from sedentary.

End of the day it's up to you, but just because it burns calories (we know it burns calories) doesn't mean you should log it, as it is probably already factored into your TDEE

Okay lemme start by saying that logging cleaning as an exercise depends on some factors

1. If you set your activity level to sedentary and you spend at least 30mins on your feet cleaning, scrubbing and lifting things, you should log it in

2. If your activity level is set to active and you have done the things you do every other day that makes your day active and then spend hours cleaning after yourself and your family you can log it in

3. If you are someone who comes from a large family like me and lives in a 3500sq ft house and spend hours cleaning the freaking house, idont care what your activity level is, log the dam thing.

I personally log cleaning as cardio cos I live in a big house and there's no way I'll spend hours cleaning it and not log it in, but this does not apply to when I'm cleaning my room, I don't log that. Or the days I spend hours in the kitchen cooking for a family of 11, I also log that in.

So those of you mistaken cleaning a gigantic house for cleaning a bedroom should uuurm think again. If you spend an hour cleaning my house, I promise you, you will change your mind about not logging it in as cardio.
  • tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... indeed!!!