Loose Skin from losing 15 Pounds!

Options
Hi there :)

I am 22 years old & I only need to lose 15 pounds from my starting weight and was wondering if 15 pounds is an amount that would create loose skin? I know that steady diet and weight train help prevent it but I am just wondering in general if 15 pounds is enough to create some type of looseness in skin...

Does anybody know of any resources that I can read and get info about? I tried to Google search but didn't find any . . .

Thankss

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Nah, 15 pounds isn't much at all. I've lost 13 and I look nice and tight. That being said, if you lose it too quickly with poor diet and no lifting, you could end up smaller with the same body fat %, and then you'll still look squishy. :)
  • Sereneee
    Sereneee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks! Good to know :)
  • Sereneee
    Sereneee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    The only way you are going to have excess skin from losing 15 pounds, is if your skin has the consistency of wet paper mache, which I seriously doubt. Just as an example, my girlfriend has lost 40 pounds to date, and she doesn't have that problem.

Also, if 15 pounds of fat lost, in defiance of all anecdotal evidence and scientific theory, does somehow cause you to have sagging skin, you could always work on building the muscles in those areas to fill the skin back out.