Pants.Don't.Fit.

Okay, I feel really silly about doing all this, but I have GOT to get my weight under control. I've gained about 30 lbs. since living with my boyfriend. And we've been living together for a year and a half now. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! How does a person gain that much in such a short time?

Anyway, I want to lose all the weight I've gained. I want to be that small again. I know that when people look at me they don't think I'm unhealthy looking, but a person knows when they just aren't the size they should be.

My body does react to things, such as hunger, differently than it used to. I used to be so consumed with my studies and extracurricular activities, that I would forget about eating. Now, I start to litterally feel sick if I don't eat. I'm wondering if there is a healthy balance for grazing (so I don't get that sick feeling) and not over eating.

I'm definitely not as active as I used to be. I've had to take a break from school for financial reasons (that means no walking super fast to get to a class that's across campus) and now have a desk job (and it doesn't help that they keep the office candy on my desk). I do try to go running around my neighborhood...def not a good idea to that at night. So far I can only run and walk, run again, and then walk again. I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to stay out exercising for a full half hour the last time I went.

I mentioned my boyfriend earlier. I think he is one reason (or might be THE reason) for all the weight. He is a wonderful cook and spoils me. (I didn't eat well as a child bc my mother didn't cook and so I feel spoiled when he does.) We've said that we were going to start eating better and work out some, but he has yet to show that he really wants to do any working out. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to paint my boyfriend as this horrible counter productive person. I'm just lettting you know the details.

So I guess I should leave it at that. Advice would be wonderful. Also, it might be nice to have a weight buddy. You like that? I just came up with it. ;-) Basically someone to kinda compare notes and someone who will be like...DON'T EAT THAT CANDY BAR....Go running instead. So yeah...That would be cool.

Oh, and advice on learning to cook healthy...esp desserts would be awesome. I can't cook as it is, and if I could learn how to healthily seems like a step in the right direction.

Replies

• Okay, I feel really silly about doing all this, but I have GOT to get my weight under control. I've gained about 30 lbs. since living with my boyfriend. And we've been living together for a year and a half now. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! How does a person gain that much in such a short time?

Anyway, I want to lose all the weight I've gained. I want to be that small again. I know that when people look at me they don't think I'm unhealthy looking, but a person knows when they just aren't the size they should be.

My body does react to things, such as hunger, differently than it used to. I used to be so consumed with my studies and extracurricular activities, that I would forget about eating. Now, I start to litterally feel sick if I don't eat. I'm wondering if there is a healthy balance for grazing (so I don't get that sick feeling) and not over eating.

I'm definitely not as active as I used to be. I've had to take a break from school for financial reasons (that means no walking super fast to get to a class that's across campus) and now have a desk job (and it doesn't help that they keep the office candy on my desk). I do try to go running around my neighborhood...def not a good idea to that at night. So far I can only run and walk, run again, and then walk again. I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to stay out exercising for a full half hour the last time I went.

I mentioned my boyfriend earlier. I think he is one reason (or might be THE reason) for all the weight. He is a wonderful cook and spoils me. (I didn't eat well as a child bc my mother didn't cook and so I feel spoiled when he does.) We've said that we were going to start eating better and work out some, but he has yet to show that he really wants to do any working out. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to paint my boyfriend as this horrible counter productive person. I'm just lettting you know the details.

So I guess I should leave it at that. Advice would be wonderful. Also, it might be nice to have a weight buddy. You like that? I just came up with it. ;-) Basically someone to kinda compare notes and someone who will be like...DON'T EAT THAT CANDY BAR....Go running instead. So yeah...That would be cool.

Oh, and advice on learning to cook healthy...esp desserts would be awesome. I can't cook as it is, and if I could learn how to healthily seems like a step in the right direction.
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Hey don't worry, same thing happened to me! When I first started dating my husband, I started gaining weight.... Probably because I started cooking for him, and before I him, I would just snack around here and there. Now I am 50 lbs heavier, 4 years later............... Same weight I was when I was 9 months pregnant with my son. It is so discouraging to gain all that weight when you know that you shouldn't be so fat!
    Advice for snacking - bring carrot sticks, yogurt, or celery to work with you to snack on. If you are not big on veggies, try those 100 calorie packs - they make everything from chips, popcorn, granola bars to snack cakes! They are really good, but you just have to limit yourself to like 2 a day.
    I have no advice for healthy cooking and recipes, I am still working on that one myself!
    good luck to you, you can do it!!!!! Just keep up with the site and your journal entries, it really helps!
  • Wow, it really is nice to know someone else understands!

I've tried a pack of the 100 calorie snack packs. I never let myself eat more than two a day (just like you said) but they were all gone in just 4 days. It would get expensive if I keep those around. Plus, I read the back of it, and it had high fructose syrup in it. UGHH...POISON! That really disappointed me cuz I was really enjoying them. I've tried bringing grapes with me. Don't know if you tried that yet. Def felt better about eating those instead of the candy on my desk.

Thanks so much for saying hey. I'll keep posting.
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Hi! If you go out for a walk Sunday, I'm betting your husband would join you either this Sunday or next. Guys are funny like that. They want to be able to do what you do or at least not have you do an exercise better than them. Also, if he can cook then he can cook vegetables, fish, lean meats, etc. I have to assume by cooking that you don't mean heating a pizza in the microwave. You could try Lean Cuisine with a salad. They're not bad. Good Luck! It is so frustrating to gain that much weight and no one else seems to take it seriously.
  • I haven't tried the Lean Cuisine yet. I've tried Healthy Choice...it's good. I might get a couple for work. Thanks.
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    I usually have a weight watchers smart ones frozen dinner for lunch, or a south beach diet wrap kit for lunch - they are really good and the wraps are all 250 calories or less. I try to save calories for supper, because like I said I have a family to cook for - and they don't want any part of my "health kicks" haha. And it is so hard to make them supper, and then make myself something healthy - seperately. I have NO will power!
    I never even looked at the ingredients in the 100 calorie packs! Yikes!
    I used to only keep them around when I was craving something bad - like chips or something sweet. So I would only eat one or two a week. The rest of the time I would snack on carrot sticks, grapes, or even broccoli... But somehow I dropped the veggies and started snacking on only the 100 calorie packs. I don't know what happened. But I definitely need to get back into the good habits. Maybe thats why my weight loss has come to a stand still....... Thanks for the insight, lol.
    Good luck!
    Email me anytime - apaden4@hotmail.com
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I saw the topic Pants.Don't.Fit and laughed. I tried on a pair of pants the other day that I wore less than a month ago (that had fit then) and they barely buttoned! I wanted to cry! I weigh myself almost every morning and my weight hasn't gone up. But I must be losing muscle and gaining fat because all of my summer bottoms are fitting a little too snug for my liking.

My problem is snacking all day long. I was to the point of going to the vending machine at work so much I knew the buttons for each food I picked (peanut butter M&M's = D6).

The other day, everybody brought in cut up veggies and fruit for a co-worker's birthday. I picked at carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, and watermelon all day long. If I had a plate of veggies in front of me, I wouldn't be interested but if there's a plate of something to grab a piece of everytime I walk by, I'll eat it. Then I was too full to want candy.
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    If you weigh the same and your pants don't button... I don't suppose... you could be pregnant?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    Minerva!

You made me LOL. Yeah, cause it's not ME that may be pregnant!

cmriverside
  • Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    That's SO funny! Minerva has a point though! Have you bought a pregnancy test? Because if your pants don't fit and your the same weight... Have you felt icky lately? Tired? Buy a test...
    giggle giggle
  • inplace of the 100 cal packs i make my own. everything most of what i buy i seperate inluch bagies acording to serving size. so i dont grab the whole box of wheat thins on my way out the door(and eat the whole box @ work). i have them in little bagies so there ready to go when i am. and im not tempted to eat more than one serving size.
    amanda