skinnygirl alcohol

Options
Hello ~

Anyone try the new skinnygirl alcohol?? I saw the commercial and became curious. Apparently they have wine, vodka, and other types of drinks for less calories. I'm going to look up some info online about the amount of calories but I was wondering how it tastes.

Thanks!

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Bump. I would like to know this as well. I've been seeing the bottles a lot recently.
  • EmpathyBot
    EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I worked at a liquor store for almost 2 years, and a lot of people say that the sangria tastes quite gross.
    A friend and I are hoping to try the cranberry cosmo soon, so here's hoping it tastes good!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Ok. I love skinny girl margarita and the sangria. I haven't tried the others yet. I'm too focused on carb control.
    I found them yummy on a hot night when the kids have totally worn me down.
    Now that I'm so in control of carbs, the alcohol hits me hard. I limit myself to 5 oz. I'm not in college anymore :sad:
    So I'm a lightweight. Plus I'll only drink socially ( not enough I'm afraid).:frown:
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The margarita was decent. Even one of my (straight) guy friends liked it. It was "potent" so it's def not watered down.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I too have seen the commercial for their drinks and would love to try them! I'd like to know what others think about the wines.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm most interested in the skinnygirl vodka. It has 75 calories for 1.5 oz and most other vodkas are 65 for 1 oz. SO, as long as the taste is decent (or as decent as vodka can get), I'll be buying that from now on. I like to drink vodka with water and some squirts of a Mio (calorie free water flavor).
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    The margarita is okay. Not great but a good substitute for a high calorie drink. I want to try the other kinds.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I think the skinny girl margarita tastes bad. I didn't like it at all. :noway:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Just reach for the good vodka and treat yourself. Really not that many calories anyway. Have a vodka diet soda. Done.
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing this everywhere and am so tempted to try it. I am on a wine kick now, so might try it someday soon :)
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thumbs down on the margarita:noway:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You could always just make your own...

96 calories per serving!!!

Ingredients
    Red wine - 12 ounces
    3 sliced oranges
    1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
    12 ounces sierra mist free

Directions
    slice the oranges
    put orange slices and berries into pitcher
    pour wine over fruit
    add sierra mist

for best results, soak wine and fruit together for a few hours before adding Soda

Number of Servings: 6
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Gross. I bought the margarita and it was so awful that I haven't been willing to try another... It sounded good, though :(
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Girl Pina Colada and the White Cranberry Cosmo. They aren't super sweet but sweet enough.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, Alcohol and low calorie? Can those both be used in the same sentence.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The margarita one was pretty good. I haven't tried any of the other ones.
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    You could always just make your own...

96 calories per serving!!!

Ingredients
    Red wine - 12 ounces
    3 sliced oranges
    1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
    12 ounces sierra mist free

Directions
    slice the oranges
    put orange slices and berries into pitcher
    pour wine over fruit
    add sierra mist

for best results, soak wine and fruit together for a few hours before adding Soda

Number of Servings: 6

Think I will try this with white wine. Can't handle red wine and I have heard white has fewer calories! YUM!!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I tried the peach margarita...it was terrible. I had to add in juice to actually make it drinkable.
  • carlyholly
    carlyholly Posts: 52
    Options
    I tried the White Cranberry Cosmo on Friday, and I quite enjoyed it. It was also pretty potent.
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I agree...not good! I like Jose Cuervo Light...much better! About the same calories too...and it costs less...bonus!! lol :drinker: