Almost 30 lb down and embracing the Latina within!

astronatical
astronatical Posts: 10 Member
I'm not finished with my journey but I'm about 28 pounds down. I started logging at 165 in late January of this year, but my high was 180 about 1.5-2 years ago. I am 5'5" and Cuban, and inherited a pretty curvy body from a family of fabulously curvy women. Here are two body pics. This is just in progress, so definitely not a full blown post here, but I wanted to share my in progress anyway. :)

This photo was taken, I believe, June 2011. I was about 170-80 pounds (too scared to weigh myself to know the correct number). When the doctor told me that at my yearly checkup, I sort of freaked out. No way did I believe it.
bod1.png

This is now, and I am at 137 pounds.
bodt.png

I have a shape! It still surprises me. I'm very happy, and am glad I am happy with myself in time for a "fresh start" with the approach of my 21st birthday and a continued journey into adulthood. I know this sounds corny, but I feel like a woman. With weight loss comes an investigation of the self, and that's what I've done.

So here's 'til 7 pounds later, when I reach my goal!

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    This photo was taken, I believe, June 2011. I was about 170-80 pounds (too scared to weigh myself to know the correct number). When the doctor told me that at my yearly checkup, I sort of freaked out. No way did I believe it.
    bod1.png

This is now, and I am at 137 pounds.
    bodt.png

Can't see your pic but great job on your success! Congratulations :drinker:
  • astronatical
    Fixed the photo issue, I think!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Wow! Look at those lovely curves!!!!! Fantastic job!!!!
  • januarykim
    januarykim Posts: 27 Member
    Wonderful! I'm 5'5" and I'm starting at around 175-180, too. Its great to see a success story of someone who started at the same weight/height. Thank you for the pics and inspiration!
  • CMary192
    CMary192 Posts: 31 Member
    you look amazing! Im latina too!! Thank you for the inspiration & congrats!
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Yes, seriously! I'm 5'3" so I'm a little shorter, but it's nice to see some other Latinas workin hard on here to getting their natural shapes back :D I wish I had done it in time for my 21st but, ohh well there's always 21 and a half :)

Congratulations! PS I love the second pic dress!
  • astronatical
    Yes, seriously! I'm 5'3" so I'm a little shorter, but it's nice to see some other Latinas workin hard on here to getting their natural shapes back :D I wish I had done it in time for my 21st but, ohh well there's always 21 and a half :)

Congratulations! PS I love the second pic dress!

Haha, thank you! It's the dress I'm wearing on my birthday night. :)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    I'm totally jealous of that coke bottle shape you have!! You look great!! Congrats on your success! :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Those are some hot cuves! Nice work :)
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Oh my God. A curvy Cuban. You're killing me... Please don't lose too much. :-)

--P
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 487 Member
    You look awesome. I am also a curvy cuban. So its definitely nice to see. I started with 171 lbs and want to get down to 120ish. I am 5'1. Great job!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Congrats!! You look great (you looked great before too!). I'm a curvy Sicilian so i hope to keep my curves as well ;)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    i luv latina women. you look amazing!
  • hlthymom83
    hlthymom83 Posts: 17 Member
    Great Job! Being a Dominican woman I completely understand your struggle. Keep it up!
  • nursep38
    nursep38 Posts: 3
    Good job. I'm 5'3, and a little heavier. Just can't seem to get myself motivated. I've lost 50 pounds and kept it off for three years and within the last 7 months have gained 30 back. I'm so discouraged.
  • astronatical
    Good job. I'm 5'3, and a little heavier. Just can't seem to get myself motivated. I've lost 50 pounds and kept it off for three years and within the last 7 months have gained 30 back. I'm so discouraged.

I don't know about you, but it really helps me to think of it as a game of numbers, at least initially. Taking progress pictures once a month is always a great motivator, too. Make sure you have at least one person who can be a cheerleader for you, or if not a cheerleader, at least be there as a friend in times when you feel like you're not getting anywhere. Don't be discouraged... if you did it once, you can for sure do it again! I believe in you.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Woo hoo, for us Latin Women!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!