can n e one give me ideas for breakfast and lunch ??

Options
Yummypunknpie
Yummypunknpie Posts: 12 Member
I sometimes have a hard time making bfast I really dont want to keep drinkin coffee cuz of all the sugar that is being added so can.n e one give me ideas or show me pics on what they have for bfast...i would really appreciate the help :)

Replies

• xrdennis
    xrdennis Posts: 1
    Options
    A lot of the time I don't have an appetite in the morning and don't have enough time to make a gourmet breakfast, but I'm always able to eat dried apricots and prunes with a vanilla protein shake. The prunes are an acquired taste though... Great potassium in both too.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    First: Learn to like black coffee. If you're using a run-of-the-mill drip coffeemaker, look into an alternative. I have an Aeropress and I love it - before I got it, I also needed to doctor my coffee up with sugar and cream. The very first cup I made with the Aeropress, I decided to take a sip before doctoring it up, just to see what all the fuss was about. Oh my GOD, it was amazing. It doesn't need anything, and the Aeropress is basically idiot-proof. For under $60, you can get an Aeropress and a decent coffee grinder, and you're well on your way. Eight O'Clock is a good, decently-priced brand for beans. If you just can't make that investment right now, switch to a calorie-free sweetener; I like Truvia.

Second: A bowl of cereal (hot or cold) requires almost no effort to make. 3/4 cup muesli/granola (try Kashi) or another whole-grain, low-sugar cereal + 1/2 cup skim milk, that's around 200 calories and takes all of 90 seconds to prepare. Alternatively, during the colder months, 1/2 cup of quick-cooking oats with a bit of water and a minute and a half in the microwave. Doctor that *kitten* up however you like and you've got a warm, filling breakfast that will keep you going for a while. Here are a few of my favorite toppings for oatmeal:

- Honey and cinnamon with raisins
    - Sliced strawberries and plain Greek yogurt (or Nutella, if I'm feeling naughty ;D)
    - Sliced bananas and honey
    - Sliced apples and cinnamon
    - Sugar-free maple syrup
    - Sugar-free or no-sugar-added jam or preserves
    - Peanut butter and banana slices

If you can't do cereal or oatmeal for whatever reason, you can't go wrong with fresh (or dried!) fruit and yogurt. Bananas are great; they're highly portable, so you can just grab it and stuff it in your purse if you're running late and eat it when you get to work. They're also delicious and a good source of protein and potassium. Apples are also easy to grab and go; stonefruit like peaches and nectarines are a bit more delicate, but they're also delicious sliced over cottage cheese or lowfat yogurt, as are chunks of honeydew and cantaloupe. Berries are good with yogurt as well. You can make quick high-protein, low-fat smoothies with half a cup of lowfat Greek-style yogurt, frozen fruit (try peaches or a berry medley), perhaps orange juice, and maybe a bit of ice and protein powder if you're into that. If you like eggs, scrambled or boiled are basically idiot-proof and quick. Boiled requires less cleanup and they can be made ahead of time; boil a couple of eggs to your desired doneness the night before and keep them in the fridge for the next morning. Soft- or medium-boiled eggs and buttered whole-wheat toast, maybe with some berries or other fruit, is a decent breakfast.