Looking to add friends

Options
Hi. I am new to my fitness pal and I’d like to add a few friends. I’m not sure what the etiquette on this site is but here is my story. I am a former marathon runner who has rarely had trouble keeping weight off despite eating pretty much whatever I want. Then my back wen and I had to stop running but I still rode my bike and went to the gym frequently. Not too long after that I took a new job that requires traveling SOO That hit me in a few ways. I didn’t always have the time to workout as often as I previously did, I was eating worse cause I am often in the middle of nowhere, and with clients or co-workers and ”indulgence” became the norm. I hit and exceeded my scary weight (in reality is was 10-15 pounds of vanity weight). I finally got few up, hit the gym hard, ate right for a few weeks and I am closing in on where I want to be. Now that I am tracking my food and eating right (while pushing myself at the gym and on my bike), I am noticing I can’t add enough calories without gorging on junk food (which I have not done yet)
So my point, I am looking to add friends. I don’t care who you are or how athletic you are but I would prefer to chat with people who are in a similar situation.

Gosh I hope that all came out right. I kind of rambled. Thanks

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Hi! I just read your profile and noticed that you don´t have that many friends. I really think that friends that´s serious are such a great help. To be honest, I don´t think that we have a lot in common... I weigh about 150 pound (ca.70 kg) and are looking to loose just about 20 pound. (10 kg) I´m a new runner, I can "run" about 5 minutes before I almost drop dead. :wink: If that´s at any use for you, feel free to add me. :smile:

By the way, if you want to add me, please write a little message to follow.
  • Chicagobikeguy
    Options
    Hi Leah
    One can never have too many friends. Ill send a friend request.