Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids??

Options
Just tried Bragg's Liquid Aminos on a salad instead of dressing and it was great. I read on the label that it is derived from soybeans which I didn't realize when I bought it. With all the controversary around soy, I'm not sure if I should continue to use it. I understand that some soy is ok and much is not depending on how or if it's fermented (I don't have the facts on this so don't quote me). Does anyone have info on this product and if it's healthy or not?

Replies

• konalove3
    konalove3 Posts: 79
    Options
    i haven't heard anything bad about it, im sure more people will have more info you. I personally stay away from soy all together as there's thyroid issues in my family med history.
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Some soy in your diet is okay, and Braggs definitely does not have enough soy to be harmful if you use a little bit everyday. It also claims to be GMO free, which is wonderful. If you're still uneasy about using it, there are also coconut aminos which are supposed to be the same idea, I've never tried them though.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It really is basically soy sauce. It's yummy. Eat it if you like it. The issue of soy is much more related to things like over-processed "veggie" dogs/burgers/sausage/etc. and non-dairy soy products. There is so much variety out there that I think it's silly to eat such crummy tasting soy products regardless of the "health risks" (this coming from a former vegetarian/vegan of 12 years.) I used to use Bragg's a lot in my veggie days. I actually forgot about the stuff. Thanks for the reminder. :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm really not all that sure. I use the stuff all the time because I can throw my cooked veggies on the skillet with some and it gives them amazing flavor. Hope you find your info. I think I will be sticking with the stuff though.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I love Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids! Try sprinkling some on your chicken or turkey burgers before cooking and what a difference! I also use it in cooking vegetables.