Anyone had Vertical Gastric Sleeve surgery?

Options
Always looking for new friends that have had the same procedure for support. If you want to be friends please friend me!

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Me! You already added me though. Several of my friends on here have also had VSG surgery. There are a couple of groups for us VSGers too that you might want to check out.

Welcome aboard!
  • SCSleeve2012
    SCSleeve2012 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have found a couple of groups for sleeve peeps. One can never have enough support!!!

I feel like I'm not losing fast enough but I guess most people feel the same way. I try to remember that I didn't gain it over night so I can't get rid of it over night. I had my VSG surgery on 4/18/2012, down 36 pounds and I have lost alot of inches. I was wearing size 18 pants and now in 12s.
  • simplysteff
    Options
    I feel like I am losing slower now than presurgery. It's frustrating somedays but, I try and remember that I am going to keep moving down even if it's slow. Usually I would lose until I hit a certain weight and then go nuts, end up surpassing my heighest weight. I was tired of the yo-yo thing and now I can relax and just make good decisions with the tool I have been given through surgery. Still that scale not moving can be heartbreaking. Good luck and we can try to keep each other postive about our "slow and steady weight loss" :)
  • SCSleeve2012
    SCSleeve2012 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sounds GREAT and GOOD LUCK!!
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! I am having surgery July 9th!!
  • aralls64
    aralls64 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm on my way to have vgs. In fact I found out today that i'm have my endoscopy done friday. That's the last pretest I have.
  • julesga
    julesga Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a VSG'er too. Feel free to add me. ;)
  • bbklavan12
    Options
    Hey there, I had RNY gastric bypass on March 15, 2012. I would like it if you added me. I need support too.
  • keris4kids
    keris4kids Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve on 8 May!! Congrats on your journey.
    Would love to be a support person for you .
    Keri
  • danyai
    danyai Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I just got my surgery date today and would love any support I can receive as well. I am converting from lapband to VSG and I am scared as all get out....
  • laurallynn
    laurallynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled for 9/28 and am very excited! Please tell me your progress.
  • Danie0708
    Options
    Hello, i am scheduled for gastric sleeve surgery on 10/05/2012. i am currently on day four of the liquid pre op diet. it is getting a little easier now but i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. it is clear liquids only besides the protein shakes.
    thanks in advance.
  • mrschiefmac
    Options
    I had my sleeve done 3.5 wks ago on 08/30/2012. My surgeon only required a clear liquid diet the 24 hours before surgery. 2 weeks of pre-op liquid diet is tough! Hang in there.... :smile:
  • mrschiefmac
    Options
    Me! You already added me though. Several of my friends on here have also had VSG surgery. There are a couple of groups for us VSGers too that you might want to check out.

Welcome aboard!
    129lbs lost is super impressive! Do you know what your avg weekly loss was? Did it come off steadily or did you have plateaus then big weight drop off ? I just had my sleeve 3.5 wks ago and I feel frsutrated... I was hoping the initial post-surgery weight loss would be faster.
  • sara7860
    Options
    I'm a gastric sleever as well as of 2,29,12. Anybody feel free to add me...we all need as much support as we can get!
  • laurallynn
    laurallynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI! I was sleeved on 9/28, a newbie so to speak!! Love to connect with others who are going through the process.
  • sherrifm2012
    Options
    Hi all. My sleeve surgery was 9/11. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Would be great to share your journey and support each other along the way.
  • themommyiwannabe
    themommyiwannabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am working toward the gastric sleeve in the very near future. I have to go to the educational seminar this week, then I will be ready to schedule an appointment with my surgeon. I am looking for people on MFP that have the same experience to add as friends. If you would like to support each other, please feel free to add me.
  • mum_of_one
    Options
    Hello, I'm new too :) My gastric sleeve surgery is booked on 30th Oct and I cant wait. For the last 4 weeks I've cut right back on calories, aiming for around 1200 per day and have lost just over 5kg so far, starting the VLCD this coming Monday, using Optifast on the advice of the bariatric dietician. Exciting but tough times ahead.

Would love to hear experiences of others, especially for pureed food and meal ideas.
  • hflorio123
    Options
    My sister and I were both sleeved on 09/18/12. Were doing really good, she has lost 17 and I have lost 19 pounds. The first week was tough, but it gets better