terminology

Options
When I input my exercise into this site, what do I call aerobic weight training--I don't see it listed. Also-I did a strength training dvd this morning-Power Strength Training with Rob Glick--and it's weights and different exercises to work muscles. It's a great 1 hour workout and I had swear rolling off of me--and I find it hard to believe that I only burned 188 calories as this site has for weight training....
Is my terminology off? What should I put in the site for it?
TIA! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I burn between 300-400 during my session with the Trainer. It depends on your fitness level/wt/ ht/ age all that .

I have and HRM and it is awesome! Best 100 bucks I have spent on fitness. I have 10 dvds, a few 'diet sets' weights, elliptical, weight bench........................the HRM is the only thing I would buy again
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Tia I was thinking.

The strength training on here is prob referring to just sets of lifting. No intervals inbetween. Most DVDs keep your heart rate up with constant movement.

I would choose maybe 1/2 strength training and 1/2 moderate aerobics.

I hope this helps some
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You might want to try using "circuit training". It is a mixture between aerobic exercise and strength training, so it sounds like it might fit.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I have swear rolling off me when I exercise too!

(sorry, couldnt resist)

Dana.