I'm having surgery tomorrow

I having carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow on my right hand (my dominant hand). It's not that invasive. It's at a surgery center, I have to be there at noon, surgery is at 1pm, and I should be discharged around 3pm. I have a few concerns, and would like some advice (especially if you've had this surgery!):

I'm not so worried about the surgery itself, but the recovery. I can't lift, push, or pull anything over 5 pounds for 4 weeks. That would be rough for anyone! I have 3 kids, they're 10, 7, and almost 2. My toddler wants to be carried and held a lot, so that'll be tough. Any advice on dealing with those restrictions?

If you've had this surgery, how long until you felt well enough to exercise? I need to do cardio every day. I run 3 days a week and cycle 4 - 7 days.

I can't eat or drink anything after midnight tonight, not even any water. I'd like to ride my bike tomorrow morning before the surgery. It's supposed to be cool here, and I can just do an easy, slow pace, because I won't be allowed to drink. Does that sound reasonable or stupid?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice :)

Replies