Were You Ever on TV?

Options
12346»

Replies

• kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was an extra in a Sony Ericsson phone ad, so that was on TV (:
    And then a couple things from school/charity walks have been aired on local channels too. Most recently, I got a lot of news coverage for my costume as a Cosplay event in Melbourne (: it was freezing and raining and I was Ysera from WoW (so... purple body paint, green hair, and very little clothing hahah), got an interview, won some prizes etc. (: so much fun!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was a Candian teen pop sensation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8pEzi1E5Og
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    most of you are too young to remember The Art Linkletter show. I was on the kids say the darnest things segment when I was in the second grade!

I remember the show. What did you say?
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    When I about 9 years old, my mom dropped one of my brothers and me off at a local fishing hole. It had just been stocked with rainbow trout, and a news crew was there. They filmed us casting, asked us a few questions and then wrote down our names and ages. I never did see the news clip, but my parents did.

In 1982, my fiance and I were planning to get married on July 4th. But a month before that, he was diagnosed with leukemia. He had to go thru induction chemotherapy and all that goes along with it (hospitalization, of course). We decided we'd better put the wedding off for a while. But then the hospital chaplain talked to us and we decided we would not let his illness derail our plans. We just had to change the venue.

So, we reserved the hospital chapel. When the hospital PR guy saw that the chapel had been reserved, he started looking into the reason why. When he found out, he thought it would be a good "human interest" story. With our permission, he contacted one of the local news stations. Our wedding was filmed, and then just snips of it shown on that evening's news. Included in the news report were short interviews with the chaplain and the nursing supervisor. From there, 4 local newspapers picked up the story and each did interviews with us, then ran articles with photos. We had more than our "15 minutes of fame" and we were both glad when all the attention died down.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Oops! Double posted!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I wasn't, but my son was just recently on Good Morning America for his reaction to his cochlear implant activation. He became viral on YouTube not too long ago. WARNING...he will make you cry. He's under Two Year old Cooper Hears for the First Time - Original if you want to check it out.

I saw that...it was amazing.

Holy crap, I saw that too! That was such an amazing moment. I was all full of mama pride and happiness for you. :)
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    I have been on a local fashion/beauty show a few times, as I work for the network.

When I was a kid I was on Nickelodeon's Figure It Out -> which they are redoing now. :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever been on TV before. I have been on the big screen at our states hockey game. Not even close!

My husband has been on TV a few times. He installs windows/doors so he's done some work while being filmed for tv shows.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I was on the local news in Italy, a piece about foriegn born children...Idioti, Sono Italoamericana, I may be American, but my husband and children are Italian. lol, The family stil gives me crap...:laugh:
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Fabulous posts! Wish I could comment on every single one, but I am reading them. Thanks for sharing - quite an interesting group of people here on MFP :)
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I was never on TV, but I am in the movies. I have a small appearance in the move "The Hunt for Red October"

I frickin love that movie. I watch it every time it is on. What part were you in?

One ping only!

I'm only in one quick scene:

It happened when I was in the Navy and stationed on the USS Enterprise. I was the only deck crew member in Flight Deck control when my LT and Assistant Producer came in saying that they needed and extra for a scene they were getting ready to shoot (Fight Deck Crash) Since i was the only crew member there at the time, I got the gig.

After getting into position I got very brief instructions that all they wanted me to do is pop out of an exterior hatch then up onto the deck and run towards the crash. The scene was shot three times and then it was done. My 5 seconds to fame.

If you want to see me, watch the movie, wait for the scene where Alec Baldwin (Jack Ryan) and Fred Dalton Thompson (Admiral Painter) go to investigate the crash from the exterior cat walk. I will pop up and run towards the fire.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I sang on a Telethon to raise money once....in the 80's.........can't remember the charity, but I was scared sh!tless.......somewhere, my 'x' has a videotape of that. Hmmm.

Have been in the background on the news a couple of times...one memorable one, when I was in high school, and was SKIPPING class.............My Mom had gone to California for something, and I was staying at an Aunt & Uncle's house, and skipped school...it was a very cold, wintery day, and my boyfriend and I were crossing over an old bridge to go to Superior WI, and there was a bad accident where a truck had gone OVER the bridge and landed on the ice below......news people were there with cameras, and we somehow got on the NEWS................my Uncle loved watching the evening news, of course, and it was really hard to distract him from THAT particular segment ;)
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    A few commercials when I was younger...and I mean 10 or so.

A few times while in HS for sports related stuff and recently for interviews (playoff related).

I never watched the news while in HS, even if I was on, but the commercials when I was younger, I thought that was soooo cool. It wasn't. I was a dork. Still am, just a bigger dork today.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was interviewed for the news in Orlando Airport, Florida after being stranded in the USA because of the ash cloud...everyone was moaning and complaining...we were just sad we had to go home, extra free holiday, we loved it!
    Sadly we were waiting for the plane so didn't get to see it on the TV
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Yes. A local TV station shoots mini-interviews of high school valedictorians and salutatorians and runs them during commercial breaks. I was valedictorian of my class. Last year, ESPN's College Football Gameday was on campus for UM vs Notre Dame, and I did the stand and wave thing for a few minutes behind the set. They were filming so I was probably on there, but I never caught the clip. I also did a commercial shoot for my undergraduate university, never saw that either but I guess it played on ESPN when my tiny college made the NCAA bball tournament. But at the same time, they took my picture and it ended up in everything! The website, the mailed brochures, and on these plaques in every single building on campus. It was so weird seeing them, and they are still up 4 years later! Other than that, I am sure I've been in shots of student sections for various sporting events, but never singled out.

Edited to add: I totally forgot, in high school I was on the Quizbowl team and our tournament was aired on PBS. Man, I am such a pathetic dork lol.