New to MFP and digging the scan option

Options
I hope that it is accurate because that is by far the easiest way for me to keep track of food and recipes. One reason I've always failed at tracking is I found it so difficult to find the foods that I was eating and couldn't accurately build a recipe.

The other night I was making my spicy bean burritos and I scanned the cans of bean, the chipotle peppers, the canola oil, the cheddar cheese, FF sour cream and the tortillas. I was able to to create the recipe by adding all the added veggies and such. I finally felt like I had an idea of how many calories my dinner was.

Just started on Friday so only time will tell. So far, I've found it easier than any other program. The only thing I didn't like was the exercise. I walk outside so I have no idea the speed I'm going (and it can vary). I wish I could log the miles I walked instead.

Replies

• RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yes, the scanner rocks. . . the main reason why I chose this one over Sparkpeople, which my sister uses. Sparkpeople has much better online features . . . more nutrition detail.
  • ThomasFMendiola
    ThomasFMendiola Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use the scanner every day, and it's much easier to log new foods that might not be in the database. Oh yeah, I like the data base look-up too!