How much excersise do you need to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I like food too much. Exercise is what did it for me. They can say diet is more important all they want. I need my 60 minute run.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. My TDEE is 2064 I am consuming at least 1400 calories a day because that is what MFP says I should be eating. So you are saying I need to cut my calorie intake to 1064 instead? I believe doing that I would lose weight.

I really don't think your problem is your goals as much as your consistency. 1400 is more than enough of a deficit. 1064 would be pretty low.
  • hopelindemann
    Options
    i was always told, when i still have alot of weight to lose n then you kind of platau then you need to step it up, i lost 13 lbs in 2 months by speed walking twice a day during my 20 min breaks at work, n now im running for 15 min during my 30 min lunch n i broke the platau, so i lost 1 lb sence i steped it up, i moved myself down from 1300 cals to 1200, so 3 times a wk i run and i will be 50 yrs old in a couple of months. And my goal is to lose 45 lbs all together. good luck...........Hope in houston
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I once rode a bicycle in 95 degree heat over hilly terrain. I had run out of water due to the sweat. I stopped at a small convenince
    store and bought an energy drink. I had consumed most of the bottle in less than 2 minutes. I looked at the nutrition label and determined I had basically erased 45 minutes biking in 95 degree heat with this bottle of liquid energy in two minutes.

Just remember: YOU CANT OUT EXERCISE A BAD DIET. Working on a bad diet will get you further than exercise will...
  • trich33702
    trich33702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I once rode a bicycle in 95 degree heat over hilly terrain. I had run out of water due to the sweat. I stopped at a small convenince
    store and bought an energy drink. I had consumed most of the bottle in less than 2 minutes. I looked at the nutrition label and determined I had basically erased 45 minutes biking in 95 degree heat with this bottle of liquid energy in two minutes.

Just remember: YOU CANT OUT EXERCISE A BAD DIET. Working on a bad diet will get you further than exercise will...

Thank you for these words. This statement slapped me upside the head! I have the exercise thing down, and I now better understand the importance of my diet. :)