Smoothies!

Options
irishkrissie
irishkrissie Posts: 36 Member
My birthday recently passed, and my DH bought me a personal blender so I can make protein shakes and smoothies for myself. I've been looking around on the web for recipes, but I figured I would ask here. What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes? What sort of add-ins do you use besides whey protein?

I will post recipes, too, as I try them out!

Replies

• jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Instead of whey protein, use soy protein powder, you won't retain as much water and whey makes you gain weight also. If you are looking to lose, stay away from the whey! lol My favorite thing to do is get fresh produce such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc and freeze them then put them in the blender. You will have to blend a little longer than you would if they were fresh and you added ice, but this way you don't have to add anything extra, you can add almond milk to make it creamy if you want and try adding some spinach in there, you won't taste it, but it is a good way to sneak in a veggie and add some potassium for your workouts.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and berries. sometimes i add a tablespoon of cream cheese too. if i dont want added carbs or calories i skip the fruit and just use ice and crystal light
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I add a couple of tablespoons of ground/milled flaxseed to my fruit smoothies. Great way to get some fiber and omega 3's and it makes my tummy happy :)

Also, if you find your bananas are starting to get too ripe, just peel and freeze in chunks and toss into the smoothie frozen, they make them extra creamy.