eating out!!

Options
Iv just been out for a very lovely lunch with one of my best friends, I was very good (I think?!) and had a prawn, crayfish and avocado salad, however I have no idea of the amounts of all the ingredients to log them?!!! Does anyone else have this problem when eating out?!! If so what do you do? Do you guess?!! I know it doesn't really matter and I rarely eat out but Im interested anyway!!
Cheers!! :smile:

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Just guess. There's no way to really know. I'll usually check the restaurants website. Sometimes they'll have the calories, and for kicks, I always send an email requesting the calories. But, normally they just say they don't have that info. But, I do it to push the point. If they hear it enough, they might start.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Iv just been out for a very lovely lunch with one of my best friends, I was very good (I think?!) and had a prawn, crayfish and avocado salad, however I have no idea of the amounts of all the ingredients to log them?!!! Does anyone else have this problem when eating out?!! If so what do you do? Do you guess?!! I know it doesn't really matter and I rarely eat out but Im interested anyway!!
    Cheers!! :smile:

Just take an educated guess, remember it is better to input more calories that less calories!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Three possibilities:
    List the approximate ingredients separately
    Find a salad at another restaurant that seems similar
    Use the "quick Add" feature and just guess

I've done each of these many times. Remember even if you go to a restaurant that posts its nutrition, that number is an average as portion sizes vary. We just do the best we can and move on...:happy:
  • trapperanne
    trapperanne Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you go to the resturant website it should have the calorie contents of their meals. Good luck!
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    Thanks guys, I tried going on their website but no nutrition info as it's only a local chain of 3 restaurants/cocktail bars!! Iv estimated the amounts of everything individually and tried to over estimate rather than under!! I am a bit of a control freak and usually weigh everything so eating out is a bit of a nightmare for me but im trying to be better and relax more and just enjoy food!! easier said than done though!! :wink: