What do you LIKE about your diet?

Options
I put this in Motivation and Support because I thought that it might help inspire a few of us. Hope it's in the right forum. =)

What do you like about your diet besides losing weight? I dislike being on a limited amount of calories, and I dislike eating veggies, but I LOVE how I start to feel after I've been doing it for awhile. I feel better because eating fruits and veggies (they're a great filler in my diet since they're low cal) helps to give me nutrients I never consume otherwise. I also love how much better food tastes (yes, even junk food tastes better) when I'm not binge eating it. A chocolate bar tastes way better when I haven't already had three today.

How about you guys?

Replies

• vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I like that I am trying new foods/recipes! I like the way I feel physically and mentally about my new eating habits! I like that I can still have treats/bad stuff in moderation as long as I track the points/calories!
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy cooking and trying new things out that I never would have if i just continued eating junk food : )
  • tamster1219
    tamster1219 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like that I feel better overall: more energy, skin and hair seem better...
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I like that I've lost quite a bit of weight, eat very flavorful foods and never ever count calories.
  • Beth_Gorman
    Beth_Gorman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    After a couple of months I really like the fact that I can hold myself accountable for everything I eat. Also knowing if I stick to it I will loose the weight and be healthier.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I like not feeling bloated all the time. I also like that I hardly ever get heartburn/indigestion anymore. And I thoroughly enjoy my apple with peanut butter and cup of tea I have for desert every night :-)
  • vinneeminnee123
    Options
    I LOVE to cook and invent new different food combinations that I really never thought to try before. Substituing things such as greek yogurt for sour cream!

I LIKE counting all of the calories in everything, I know a lot of people don't, but I don't really do much and find that kind of stuff fun :)

I LIKE feeling great when I get up in the morning to go work out.

I LIKE how my clothes are already starting to fall off when I walk around.

:)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I like that I'm not viewing this as a diet but more as a lifestyle change. I still want junk food b/c I have always been a junk food junkie but I keep thinking if that can of Pringles is worth it compared to what I know I will look like if I keep on the path towards good health.

I like that I have made monthly mini-goals and have met, well actually EXCEEDED, all of them so far.

I like that people are noticing and keep telling me how much happier I look, how the color of my skin looks better and how much more energy I seem to have.

I like that one of my students (15 lbs. ago) said to me, "Oh my gosh! My hands are going to touch soon!" when he hugged me around the waist.

I like that my husband and I are in this together.

I like, no make that LOVE, my MFP friends! :flowerforyou:
  • yougojo170
    yougojo170 Posts: 62
    Options
    I like that my blood sugar is normal now. I like that I lost weight. I like that I feel healthier.
  • LastTenPoundsGodDamnYou
    Options
    Not feeling bloated and lethargic the whole time.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Having more energy)
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I like that it's not a temporary diet. I like that I've made changes that I can carry with me for the rest of my life. I like that I don't put pressure on myself to be perfect all the time. And I like that I've learned to enjoy salads for the first time in my life. They're yummy!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I love that by choosing healthier options (majority of the time) I am able to eat more food!
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    I like that my diet is clean! It makes me feel full and healthy. If I cheat, my digestive system makes me pay for it! The other night, I ate pizza, ice cream, and a brownie, and woke up in the middle of the night with terrible stomach pains, and ended up puking it all up.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I like that's it's not a diet, that it has become a way of life for me and I don't feel restricted from eating the foods that I enjoy, I like that I feel better at 52 than I did at 32, and look better too....I like that physical activity has become a norm for me.....
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the REAL foods I am eating! non of that processed crap! Sooooo yummmy!!!!!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I like that it is finally not a diet anymore. When given a choice between french fries and a side salad... I WANT the side salad. I heard that this would happen eventually and I thought it wouldn't... but it did!!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I like that I'm not viewing this as a diet but more as a lifestyle change.

^^^^This

I eat whatever I want, just a lot less of the bad and more of the good. I really like that the key to losing weight for me was nothing more complicated than awareness of how many calories I was consuming and some common sense in how to change that while still fueling my body.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I love how I feel! I rarely have that bloated, oh-I can't-believe-I-ate-all-that feeling.

I also like the fact that some of the foods I used to crave, no longer taste as good or I realize whatever it is just isn't worth the calories. Though, there are still some things that are so worth it... and taste so much better because it's now a treat and not part of my daily food intake.
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    Having more confidence!!! :D