Does 4 pounds make a difference? Before and Progress Photos

Options
I'll try to keep this short and sweet :)

HW: 155 (December 2011)
CW: 132.5
GW: 126

Height: 5'2"

I've always struggled with my weight (and body image). Even in high school when I was 124 pounds I thought I was "fat"

Since joining MFP and making a lifestyle change (no more diets!) I have become so much more confident in myself. I told myself I wouldn't post photos until I was at my goal but I know how inspired I have become by other people and their progress pictures. I know 4 pounds isn't a big loss by any means but it is progress :)

My initial goal back in February (I weighed 148 pounds) was to be 135 by the time I started graduate school in August. I am happy to say I have surpassed this goal and I am hoping to be 128 by August and then continue working until I am happy. I want to tone more than anything right now.

I have been working out 4-5 times a week including 30min of strength training and 30min of cardio each time. I eat between 1200-1500 calories a day (sometimes I stay so busy I don't get in all my snacks/calories)

Desktop.jpg

Desktop2.jpg

Desktop3.jpg

(the last side photo is blurry but I think you can still see some change :)

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i see a HUGE difference! you look much more toned in the second set of photos.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Great job.:drinker:
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This is only 4 pounds lost?! WOW! I see a definite difference!! You look great :) Keep up the good work!!
  • changing_for_good
    changing_for_good Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

And yes only 4 pounds (well just over...like 4.3). I was surprised to see a change.

Now onto the next 4 (or more) :happy:
  • JamminAng
    JamminAng Posts: 36
    Options
    That's crazy awesome! Four pounds DOES make a difference! Way to go! :smile:
  • karfar67
    karfar67 Posts: 2
    Options
    You may have lost 'only' 4lbs on the scale- but it is definitely more b/c you can see you have gained muscle too. I bet you are more like 6lbs down in fat! We need a scale that displays fat lost and muscle gained! Two things to celebrate. Job well done. And btw - I'm your size - 5'2! It is much harder to hide the fat when you do not have a nice 'long' frame, but you look fabulous!!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a change there! 4lbs can make a big difference on us shorter girls (I'm 5'0"). But you look like you have lost more than 4lbs of fat. I'd say you lost more than 4lbs of fat at the same time you were gaining muscle.

From neck down you can see a difference:
    -Collarbone and shoulders are more pronounced
    -Arms have gotten smaller
    -Shoulders blades look like there is less fat over them
    -Back has lost some fat under the bikini band
    -Upper ribcage area (right underneath the sides of your breasts) has gotten smaller...
    -....which leads into the tapering of your waist more
    -Upper torso area (I don't know what to call it lol, the area between your waist and hips--I'm high waisted like you) has gotten smaller
    -Stomach has gone in
    -Hips have gone down as well
    -Upper outer and inner thighs have gotten smaller
    -Butt has gotten smaller

Now just stop and think about all of those changes.....there's a lot of them! That is amazing! You should be ecstatic and very proud of yourself. I don't know what areas of your body in particular you want to work on and if they are or aren't getting to where you want to be at the pace you'd like them to, but the really cool thing is that your WHOLE body is changing and improving! This is such motivation and inspiration to me! Kudos to you for passing your initial goal and while 4lbs may not SOUND like a lot, you have pictorial evidence that it LOOKS like and more importantly IS a lot! I am so happy for you and I don't even know you! lol

**Edit - I really hope I don't look like a creeper for completely analyzing your body inch by inch :embarassed:
  • changing_for_good
    Options
    There is definitely a change there! 4lbs can make a big difference on us shorter girls (I'm 5'0"). But you look like you have lost more than 4lbs of fat. I'd say you lost more than 4lbs of fat at the same time you were gaining muscle.

From neck down you can see a difference:
    -Collarbone and shoulders are more pronounced
    -Arms have gotten smaller
    -Shoulders blades look like there is less fat over them
    -Back has lost some fat under the bikini band
    -Upper ribcage area (right underneath the sides of your breasts) has gotten smaller...
    -....which leads into the tapering of your waist more
    -Upper torso area (I don't know what to call it lol, the area between your waist and hips--I'm high waisted like you) has gotten smaller
    -Stomach has gone in
    -Hips have gone down as well
    -Upper outer and inner thighs have gotten smaller
    -Butt has gotten smaller

Now just stop and think about all of those changes.....there's a lot of them! That is amazing! You should be ecstatic and very proud of yourself. I don't know what areas of your body in particular you want to work on and if they are or aren't getting to where you want to be at the pace you'd like them to, but the really cool thing is that your WHOLE body is changing and improving! This is such motivation and inspiration to me! Kudos to you for passing your initial goal and while 4lbs may not SOUND like a lot, you have pictorial evidence that it LOOKS like and more importantly IS a lot! I am so happy for you and I don't even know you! lol

**Edit - I really hope I don't look like a creeper for completely analyzing your body inch by inch :embarassed:

You don't sound like a creeper (in fact I appreciate it!)

And thank you so much. It's so motivating to know that I'm not the only one that sees changes. :bigsmile:
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    Yes, definitely a difference!!
  • meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Very noticeable difference! Well done! :O)
  • 1kandn
    1kandn Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job!
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference!!! And I'm with another poster, us shorties have less room to spread out the weight, so even 4 lbs can make a huge difference. Great job!!!
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    I see a big difference. Good job!!!
  • changing_for_good
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :smile:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Super job!!!! You look great!!!!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The best and worst thing about being short! You lose 5 lbs it makes a huge difference. :D
    You gain 5 lbs with makes a HUGE difference. D:

You look great though! Keep it up!

PS. We have the same goal weight! :3
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I see noticeable differences all over! I think you've gained muscle as well as lost fat. Are your clothes fitting differently?
  • changing_for_good
    Options
    I see noticeable differences all over! I think you've gained muscle as well as lost fat. Are your clothes fitting differently?

Definitely fitting different. I need to buy smaller clothes but don't want to until I am finished losing weight/toning. I hadn't noticed all the changes until I took progress photos. I wanted to show others that 4 pounds does make a difference on us shorties :)
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

Definitely fitting different. I need to buy smaller clothes but don't want to until I am finished losing weight/toning. I hadn't noticed all the changes until I took progress photos. I wanted to show others that 4 pounds does make a difference on us shorties :)

It's not just because you are short. I'm about your height and 4 lbs is not that noticeable.

You look like you lost 10 percent of your weight, not 3 percent. And your weight loss is all over your body.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!