Talk me out of eating bad things please.

Options

Replies

• WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Holy hell. Now I want Taco Bell :( You can eat there by the way..just get the fresco options.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    what does taco bell have that you are craving so bad? Don't you have the ingredients at home? otherwise is it just the convenience of buy it fast and consuming it fast? Home made will taste so much better and you know it will. Less sodium, less fat, etc.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    gonna have to learn how to do this for yourself, too.
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add some ground turkey and some salsa to your eggs and a sprinkle of cheese and a few diced pieces of fresh tomato...low cal "taco bell" You can even top w/ a dollop of fat free sour cream!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Actually, their steak/chicken tacos fresco style aren't that bad. Or the same thing in gorditas. When I'm feelin like fast-food tacos I get those. Just sayin. There are healthier options everywhere, you don't have to deny yourself. I think the best way of preventing a binge is by sensible indulgence.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Actually, their steak/chicken tacos fresco style aren't that bad. Or the same thing in gorditas. When I'm feelin like fast-food tacos I get those. Just sayin. There are healthier options everywhere, you don't have to deny yourself. I think the best way of preventing a binge is by sensible indulgence.

THIS :)
  • flowerlose53
    Options
    I've found that if my clients totally try to cut out everything that they like to eat, they end up going on a gorging spree and eventually all the weight they lost returns.
    If done right, you can have Taco Bell in moderation. Personally myself I have it once a week (2 chicken soft tacos Fresco) and it adds up to 300 calories. But I also make sure that I've met my macros/micro nutrients that day and DON'T go over my calorie limit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MicheleVer2
    Options
    Taco Bell? You need to invest in Chipotle, my dear. :bigsmile:

Lol! I have heard that from a lot of people, but I don't think there is a Chipotle anywhere near me. :(
    what does taco bell have that you are craving so bad? Don't you have the ingredients at home? otherwise is it just the convenience of buy it fast and consuming it fast? Home made will taste so much better and you know it will. Less sodium, less fat, etc.

You're right.. What I am craving mostly is the taco bell sauce and the cheese I think. I want two Bean Burritos with extra cheese and red sauce to dip it in.
    gonna have to learn how to do this for yourself, too.

You're right.. definitely. I talk myself out of it some of the time, but when it hits me this hard I start with the rationalizing and I don't really have much support in "real life." :/
    First, decide what you really want. Then, decide how badly you want it. Then, once you've decided how badly you want it, decide whether having Taco Bell for breakfast will help or hurt your cause.

Most likely having Taco Bell for breakfast just this once won't hurt. Having Taco Bell for breakfast once a week won't hurt. But think about where you want to be six months from now. Does that girl eat Taco Bell for breakfast once a week?

That girl wouldn't eat fast food at all... But I feel like Jekyll and Hyde sometimes. There is half of me that really wants to be healthy and thinks fast food is EVIL.. but the other half wants to binge eat and party as much as possible before I die. The two argue with each other frequently..
  • MicheleVer2
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I don't have any tortillas but I do have chicken, cheese, black beans, onions and a sauce that tastes almost exactly like Taco Bell's sauce.. I think I am going to try to make a "Mexican Bowl" out of those items.

Thanks for re-focusing me everyone! I really needed some sensible words.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    That girl wouldn't eat fast food at all... But I feel like Jekyll and Hyde sometimes. There is half of me that really wants to be healthy and thinks fast food is EVIL.. but the other half wants to binge eat and party as much as possible before I die. The two argue with each other frequently..

Gotta find that sweet spot and balance things out. Save yourself a once a week thing of your choice. That's what I do. Makes life bearable. lol. And especially makes life less stressful if something unplanned comes up, then I can relax and not act like a crazy person needing to measure everything and check every food label someone used to make their food... lol
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

I think you need to do some soul searching my dear. Bingeing leaves you unsatisfied, craving bad things even more and miserable because you failed yourself and your convictions. That doesn't sound like a party to me.
  • flowerlose53
    Options
    Still learning how to use this website :laugh: but I want to say that I agree with this fitness trainer. Be realistic and plan your Taco Bell eating. I think you should plan to eat it after breakfast. That's where the your will power comes in. I find sometimes that if it's something I really want to eat, it helps when I put something in my mouth. That helps lessen the crave. Whatever you plan, be sure to stay on track. You've come a long way. You can't stop now. You can do it! :happy:
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Eat the taco. It doesn't have to be 'all or nothing' (as in a TB binge or an egg white omelette). One taco or burrito will fit in your daily goal and keep you sane.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Yep. The heart of a lifestyle change is ensuring it's a lifestyle that will keep you CONSISTENT and one that you KNOW you can do. For my first couple of years as a trainer I only promoted "clean eating" (since that's what the fitness industry was touting). Clients lost weight only to put it back on in a few months. When I switched clients to a calorie controlled moderation eating lifestyle, almost all of them have kept the weight off.
    I want to enjoy life and not be a slave to "clean eating" only. My cultural foods are high in fat and salt and I eat them at every family get together, but again in moderation. You can lose weight, be healthy and enjoy foods you like to eat if you know how to plan right.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Best way I can talk you out of taco bell is....think of all the nasty dripping grease and the horrible smell from that place...yack!!

Make your own taco/burrito for waay less of the greasy fattiness!

Even before dieting I was never a fan of taco smell it always just looked dirty and greasy! LOL

Hope that helped?
  • MicheleVer2
    Options
    I have a real problem with all or nothing thinking. In the past, if I give myself one "cheat day" it leads to an all out binge more often than not. I don't know how to achieve that balance. It's something I know is a problem but I don't know how to fix it. It seems like I just lose control if I deviate from my clean eating.. But if I stick to clean eating, I end up going nuts after a few weeks and binging anyway. :(
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I lot of people don't log when they binge. I've found that logging the 4,000 calories I consumed on garbage those bad days eventually make a dent in the way I 'feel' about food. If you document the heartburn, the sleepiness, the diarrhea, the headaches you can go back and pull those memories right before going there to pig out on junk food. I'll be the first to admit that even telling myself that crap makes me literally sick I still find myself driving to the nearest burger joint, but because I track it I find that I do it less and less. All or nothing is a trap.
    The other thing to remember and even log is when you successfully ride a crave like a wave, the desire will get to a peak then it will crest and you will have successfully demonstrated to yourself that you won't crave that junk forever.
    And congrats for asking for help too! that's always the first step.
    HC
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    STOP IT!
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For every fast food meal, there is a healthy, home made alternative ;-). You don't need taco bell. It's JUNK and you can make an even better version of your own that will leave you satisfied and better yet, GUILT FREE!!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel - but this hits me later in the day (dinner time). Eat the "good for you" breakfast. Wait 20 minutes - do you still want the Taco Bell? I bet you dont.