41 y.o. mom, living in Japan. Need friends for support!

Options
KALMdown
KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
I would like to lose 90 lbs total. Need encouragement.

Replies

• KALMdown
    Options
    Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? :(

No need to be from/in Japan that's just where we are stationed. I'm from Hawaii and have lived in Connecticut, South Carolina and Washington DC.
  • GigiOnAJourney
    Options
    Aloha!

Bueller here! I've been to Hawaii, CT, SC and DC so I think we'll have plenty to talk about and be able to support one another during this weight loss/ get back in shape journey! Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It's pretty easy to lose weight in Japan, I reckon. A lot of their food is pretty diet friendly so long as you stay away from the deep fried stuff (even though it's pretty delicious :tongue: ). Could be a good idea to join a gym or fitness club or something, as that could also be a good way to meet some new Japanese people as well as kick start your weight loss :smile:
    I lived there for 9 months while I was 15-16 a few years ago, feel free to add me :smile:
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? :(

No need to be from/in Japan that's just where we are stationed. I'm from Hawaii and have lived in Connecticut, South Carolina and Washington DC.

:laugh: I love Ferris Beuller's Day Off. I also love Japan and used to live there! My husband was stationed at Atsugi base on the mainland. ( He was Navy) Are you in the military or your husband? I loved it there. You can friend me if you like and we can compare notes!
  • Whitnit809
    Whitnit809 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hahha Bueller. I'm here!! Please add me if you want a friend! I am trying to lose 100.. :)
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm here!!!!!!! I am not a mom, or 40, or living in Japan... but I am really serious about losing weight and logging everything everyday and being supportive of anyone that's on my friend's list.

So feel free to add me and good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I'm trying to lose 60! I was a military brat (dad was AF) and my husband was Army. I think Japan was one of the few places we weren't sent though (LOL!) But I know how hard it can be to be away from family. Thank goodness for the internet and sites like this! You can do it:) I never thought I'd make it past 5 minutes on the elliptical, but now after 2 months I'm up to 20. Keep it up!!!!!
  • KALMdown
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My husband is military so we are stationed in Japan for 3 years. I hike Mt Fuji in 2 weeks and have been training for it. That made me serious about exercising and tracking my diet, do here I am!
  • bpetlock
    Options
    I used to be able to see Mt. Fuji when I opened my apartment door. I never climbe it though. You are very brave, me not so much! I also am a mom by the way. Where are you stationed Yokusuka, Atsugi (I can't remember the army base there) My daughter was born on Yokusuka base.
  • KALMdown
    Options
    We are at Yokota in Western Tokyo, about 2 hours from Yokosuka and 3 hours from Fuji. I wasn't planning on hiking Fuji but told my friend I work out with her as she trained for the hike. Few months later, here I am. Trying not to freak out but I'm thinking, even if I don't make it to the top, just try my best and enjoy the experience.
  • bpetlock
    Options
    Good for you! Yea if you don't make (which I'm sure you will) You can tell people you attempted it and how many people do you know that can say that? Not me and I lived there! I am impressed. Good luck to you!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a stay at home mom too, and you can definately do this :) good luck on your hike!
  • KALMdown
    Options
    We've got 2 more summers here, do if I can't get to the summit this year, maybe the next year. Plus, I'll know what to expect.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want :) I understand how it is to have to watch what you eat and not have a lot of support :)