Just Jhoom - Bollywood Dancing

Options
Hi,

Has anyone tried the latest exercise class - Just Jhoom?

Is it a hard sweat cardio class?

Thanks in advance. x

Replies

• hana2291
    hana2291 Posts: 8
    Options
    Heya,

I'm a Zumba and Bokwa instructor but I have heard of Just Jhoom. I don't teach it myself, but it has been around for the past couple of years and a close friend of mine in Newcastle teaches it. I have given it a go a few times with her at events in London and I must say I loved it! I usually do very vigorous routines for Zumba and Bokwa, and when I saw videos of JJ, I thought it would be a walk in the park for me but I was pleasantly surprised. Really fun routines and very easy to pick up. Much more interactive than other fitness classes as you move together with the rest of the class rather than on your own. I did an hour and did get sweating. Got me using muscles I hadn't used in a long time so definitely felt it working. I wouldn't say it was a hard sweat class, but certainly did give me a workout.

Not sure whereabouts you're based, but my friend is called Suzi Bradford and her classes are in Newcastle. She does about 7 classes a week and all her info is on the just jhoom website. If you're not from around there, the website has all other instructor info xx
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    Im going to 1 tonight in suffolk! The lady that does the classes also does a bootcamp class style thing i go to so i thought it would be a good cardio workout! I'll let you know if i enjoy it! ;0)
    Thanks for your reply.
    xxx
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Just Jhoom - Bollywood Dancing

If you enjoy that type of dancing, go right ahead and enjoy it. Doesn't matter if thats what its made for but then again, yoga isn't about fitness or flexibility either and that hasn't stopped people from using it for making tighter tushies.