Low Calorie Tuna And Shirataki Pasta Salad

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
tumblr_m66igerwCW1qeupem.jpg

Low Calorie Tuna And Shirataki Pasta Salad

When I was growing up our favorite summer food was macaroni and tuna salad.

My mother would cook up pounds of elbow macaroni at a time and my brothers and I would eat it ‘round the clock until it was gone.

I’ve done a shirataki version by using the following ingredients:

tumblr_m66hzdALYq1qeupem.jpg

Here is the recipe:

1) Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and then drain, rinse and cook one package of shirataki noodles, on high, until they’re nice and dry. (About 8 minutes)

2) While they’re cooking, use your spatula to cut the long noodles into shorter pieces that would more closely approximate elbow macaroni.

3) Remove shirataki noodles from heat and allow to cool.

4) Finely chop 1/4 of one onion and one mini sweet pepper (or 1/4 of one green bell pepper) and 1/2 stalk of celery (not pictured), and combine in a bowl with the shirataki noodles, 1 small can of tuna or salmon (drained), 3 tbsp of light mayonnaise, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp pepper and salt (to taste).

5) Mix thoroughly and allow to to chill in the refrigerator for several hours (or overnight).

6) Eat!

The dish weighs in at nearly 3/4 of a pound and has only 270 calories.

And it’s good!

If you don't care for tuna feel free to substitute canned chicken breast.

For more of my recipes please check out my MFP blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/my-lo-cal-recipe-collection-195763

For my post on shirataki noodles please follow this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/536767-let-s-talk-about-shirataki-noodles

-lovestunasaladinallformschellle

Replies

• soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I don't like tuna but your recipes always sound so amazing!!

One day I am going to suck it up and order shirataki noodles and you can GUARANTEE I will be hunting through your page for a delicious recipe to use.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Another great one here, thanks Chelle!
  • JoeyB56
    JoeyB56 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ooh sounds so yummy, and low cal too! Awesome. I'm not familiar with shirataki noodles, but I'm always willing to try new things.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    And you KNOW that I'm gonna try this one, too!! You are the GREATEST!!! Thanks, Chelle!!
  • lorazaruba
    lorazaruba Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Have noodles I need to use!
  • applejuices
    applejuices Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love reading your recipes. I finally bought tofu shiratki noodles today (no regular ones to be found in the asian groceries I just moved near, I'll look next time I go home to visit the parents- much better asian groceries there) and can't wait to try what you've posted. You're an inspiration! :)
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bump! sounds delish
  • Janajohnson89
    Janajohnson89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This looks well yummy I'll have to try it :)