50ish pounds in 5 months

I just need to brag to some strangers, because I'm afraid my family and friends need a break.

Somewhere around the first of February, I stopped snacking and started portion control. I weighed 235-240lbs at the time.

On May 11, I bought a used elliptical. I was down to 205lbs by that time.

On May 12, I discovered mfp and started logging my food.

I was on the elliptical 6 days a week until a week ago. I put over 75 miles on it.

I went for a walk/jog last Wednesday. I did 1.5 miles, walking as much as I ran. I couldn't run over 2 mins, and I felt like I had finished a hard hour on the elliptical.

On Thursday morning, I ran 3 miles. Did I mention no walking at all?

On Saturday morning I ran 4 miles. Sunday morning I ran 3.1 miles in 33:45.

I have never felt more energetic in my life. I am up by 4AM and ready to go. My 42 year-old self could go back in time and whip my 20 year-old self's *kitten*. Stick with watching your calories and exercising, and you too may be able to go back in time and *****slap yourself:happy: .

edit: I have a couple of pictures, but no idea how to post them.

Replies

• jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Good job! Keep up the great work and it'll pay off for you in so many ways. :flowerforyou:
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • Fantastic and congratulations!!
  • abbeyl11
    abbeyl11 Posts: 73
    INCREDIBLE!! Our stories sound very similar... I hope I get similar results in the next few months!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!