I guess they call this "onederland"?

Options
rpounds1957
rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
This morning I am under 200 pounds for the second time in 4 days. Let me explain that. I was right around 202 on Thursday morning - the day I had to start preparing for a colonoscopy. Now for all of the youngsters who may read this, a colonoscopy is one of those medical procedures that "old" people get every 5 or 10 years. I've come to believe that they're really not necessary, but old people need to have something to complain about and for lack of a better excuse, we get a colonoscopy so that we can complain about the preparation for the procedure. Part of the preparation routine is to stop eating for a couple of days (and THAT is something to complain about!). Clear fluids only and nothing solid. Obviously, I was under my calorie goal for a couple of days :-)

So anyway, on the day of the procedure (Friday), after having fasted for two days, I weighed in at 198, well into the 'ones'. Although that was a fun number to see come up on the scale, I was well aware that much of that loss was in "water weight" and that I would rebound to a higher number as soon as I was able to resume a normal diet. Yes, I bounced back up to 201. Then over the course of the next couple of days, I drifted back down to 199.6 for my official weigh in for the week (this morning). It feels GREAT to be under 200 pounds for the first time in 15 years! ONEderland. And this time, I'm staying there!

Replies

• jones137
    jones137 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Old people complain........I've never heard of this :)

That's awesome though, can't wait until I'm under 200 lbs. Congratulations!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You have such a great outlook and are hilarious! Congrats on entering your new land. :-)
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I keep hearing about this "ONEderland" place, but I think it is a mystical nonexistent place! MAYBE some day I will find my way there.
  • Huggenkiss27
    Options
    Congrats! Colonoscopies aren't just for the old folks; I'm 28 and just had my second one 2 weeks ago! I wanted to make my weigh-in day right after the prep too, lol!!! I was down 5 pounds! Good luck with onderland!
  • rpounds1957
    Options
    Colonoscopies aren't just for the old folks

Aw man . . . I was hoping that somebody would write something like "you're not old!!" :-) I can make my weight go backwards, but my age just keeps advancing. Well, at least I'll be old and skinny!
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting onederland. I just got there a few days ago myself. So seriously, good job man.

PS: You're not old!!
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are a HOOT. For the record, I had colon cancer at age 43 and am now fifty, the age when you first get screened. I'd probably be dead without the first colonoscopy at 43! Definitely wasn't OLD then . . . guess 50 qualifies for old, but I still feel 19! Go figure.
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thats great Congrats!!!!
  • rpounds1957
    Options
    PS: You're not old!!

Thank you!! See? I knew if I fished around long enough somebody would make me feel better!
    I had colon cancer at age 43

I am so very happy that they caught it at an early age. Personally, I'm glad you're healthy!
  • justme0362
    justme0362 Posts: 38
    Options
    LOL ... YOU'RE NOT OLD!!! If you are then I am, and I'm not accepting that no matter how much mornings hurt. :laugh: That "one"derland thing is quite the accomplishment. "Weigh" to go!!!!

not_that_old_large.jpg
  • rpounds1957
    Options
    Ha ha!! Great graphic!! You know, the worst part of a colonoscopy is that, since I'm really watching my calories, I couldn't let the doctor take me out to dinner first.
    not_that_old_large.jpg
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yay for reaching ONEderland! My goal is to one day see a 1 at the beginning of my weight! 43 more pounds to go for me.

"Just keep sweating, just keep sweating, sweating, sweating, what do we do, we sweat...sweat...sweat..." :tongue:

I had to help an ex once (while we were together) prepare for a colonoscopy and he was miserable. I loved your telling of it, :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!