I've reached my goal weight... what now?

Options
2»

Replies

• klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    4. Stress is a big fat builder. Stress releases hormones. Some of these hormones use a complex system of signals involving blood sugar, insulin and other hormones to store fat. The stress response was geared in our genetic makeup to allow for the fight or flight response. I.E. stress caused us to release more energy in preparation to either run from that big prehistoric animal that was gonna eat us, or to fight that dude that was trying to take our kill, when we stress without energy release, that energy is then converted to fat for later use. Eating carbohydrate rich meals during stressful times may feel like a comfort, but you're magnifying the problem by adding easilly converted glucose to an already volatile environment. Choose other ways of stress relief like exercise, house work, meditation (it's a great way to relieve stress), or some form of entertainment over eating.

I did not know that Stress is a big fat builder. I will have to work on this one!!! I don't deal well with being a single parent, stressful job, and college classes. I am working on finding my peace with all of them. :smile:

:flowerforyou: Thank you for the info!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    4. Stress is a big fat builder. Stress releases hormones. Some of these hormones use a complex system of signals involving blood sugar, insulin and other hormones to store fat. The stress response was geared in our genetic makeup to allow for the fight or flight response. I.E. stress caused us to release more energy in preparation to either run from that big prehistoric animal that was gonna eat us, or to fight that dude that was trying to take our kill, when we stress without energy release, that energy is then converted to fat for later use. Eating carbohydrate rich meals during stressful times may feel like a comfort, but you're magnifying the problem by adding easilly converted glucose to an already volatile environment. Choose other ways of stress relief like exercise, house work, meditation (it's a great way to relieve stress), or some form of entertainment over eating.

I did not know that Stress is a big fat builder. I will have to work on this one!!! I don't deal well with being a single parent, stressful job, and college classes. I am working on finding my peace with all of them. :smile:

:flowerforyou: Thank you for the info!

yep, if you want to know google cortisol and stress, lots of good topics out there.