What veggies do you like raw?

2»

Replies

• grannynj
    grannynj Posts: 21
    What about uncooked sweet corn from the cob. Man summer corn is awesome. Not very portable but many a time the dh has caught me hanging over the kitchen counter eating a raw corn on the cob.
  • I enjoy eating carrots, any kind of bell pepper, banana peppers are best on sandwiches, sprouts, cukes, any kind of lettuce except iceburg (though it can be crisp if you crave crunch), grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, ok almost any kind of tomato is good raw lol. celery, green onions, baby spinach, um....I don't think there many more veggies that have not been listed that can be eaten raw. Perhaps add some nuts and fruit to give more variety?
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Zuchini, summer squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrotts. These are my favorites.
  • Cauliflower
    Brocoli
    carrots
    cucumber
    bell pepper (red, orange or yellow)
    tomatos
    Mixed salad
    radishes
  • rodafer
    rodafer Posts: 63
    I love cucumber and red peppers. I eat those two items almost daily. Yum.
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    I love cabbage with a teaspoon of peanut butter spread on it. Roll it up and you have a great snack on the go!
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    coughcoughtomatoesarenotavegetablecoughcough
  • carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach, and Avocados
  • Popped peas, straight from the pod. :love:

Carrots, lettuce and cucumber don't go a miss either.

Edit: Spinach is lovely also.
  • veggieshark
    veggieshark Posts: 153 Member
    cucumber slices and bell pepper are the best raw! c:
  • IllianaIman
    IllianaIman Posts: 131
    -cucumbers
    -green pepper
    -carrots
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Pretty much all of them.

I kind of detest the texture of cooked veggies.
  • Miss_Chanelle
    Miss_Chanelle Posts: 87 Member
    TOMATOES ARE FRUITS!
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    tomatoes and avocados are fruits, not vegetables, and are usually eaten uncooked anyway. same with cucumbers and any kind of pea, but they're generally considered a vegetable.

(sorry, just a pet peeve of mine).

personally? if its just "a side of vegetable" then i'll usually at least steam it. otherwise, no, i'm not just gonna eat a tree of brocolli with no condiments or pairing. i don't wanna clear out a room or have to unbutton my pants. brocolli, celery, caulifllower, snow peas, cucumbers, and any kind of bell pepper are ones i'll gravitate towards if its dipped in vegetable dip or paired with peanut butter (the celery). cucumbers and sliced onions are great marinated in vinegar and water and a touch of sugar for a great summer snack. anything else, if its in a salad, then heck yeah, throw it in, i'll usually love it. and i do love raw cabbage piled high on fish tacos.

so really, i love lots of raw vegetables, and eat them often, but never just on their own. that's just boring and quite torturous.
  • I was always turned off by the idea of mushrooms and cherry tomatoes (oops, it's a fruit).

But once I started eating them raw, I really liked them! Especially mixed into a spinach salad with some lemon juice! :happy:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Bell peppers dipped into hummus! :love:
  • tomatoes and avocados are fruits, not vegetables, and are usually eaten uncooked anyway. same with cucumbers and any kind of pea, but they're generally considered a vegetable.

(sorry, just a pet peeve of mine).

personally? if its just "a side of vegetable" then i'll usually at least steam it. otherwise, no, i'm not just gonna eat a tree of brocolli with no condiments or pairing. i don't wanna clear out a room or have to unbutton my pants. brocolli, celery, caulifllower, snow peas, cucumbers, and any kind of bell pepper are ones i'll gravitate towards if its dipped in vegetable dip or paired with peanut butter (the celery). cucumbers and sliced onions are great marinated in vinegar and water and a touch of sugar for a great summer snack. anything else, if its in a salad, then heck yeah, throw it in, i'll usually love it. and i do love raw cabbage piled high on fish tacos.

so really, i love lots of raw vegetables, and eat them often, but never just on their own. that's just boring and quite torturous.

I enjoy cucumbers this way also. It's about the only way I can eat them. I've never added sugar though... vinegar, a little soy sauce, water, garlic, pepper.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    I like snow peas, carrots, celery, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, cauliflower, brocolli, green beans, and radishes.