nitric oxide supplements? your thoughts?

Options
amclaws25
amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
So I have been interested in trying this supplement but I have always been skeptical of supplements just being big scams much of the time. I currently just take my vitamins and my whey protein. Is anybody familiar with this and how do you like it? Thanks!

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    tired of "my two sense" yet? NO supplements are pretty cool, and definitely not a scam. I definitely wouldnt go out and buy one of the big 80-100 dollor bottles because those are a rip off (you can get just as much NO in the $10 bottle...) I personally have been using ProSource's house brand of AAKG and it works great. I don't recommend taking the full dose though for several reasons.

1, Your body doesn’t need that much AAKG because it already makes it on its own (although then again, since I know you don’t eat a lot of red meat you aren’t getting as much in your diet).

2, If you take a full does and never have before, you can start feeling pretty weird

3, the product will last you longer!

4, It won’t lose much effect unless your purpose of taking it is to get super pumped all the time.

Being a vasodilator Arginine is pretty awesome. It expands your blood cells allowing them to carry greater amounts of nutrients and oxygen to your muscles throughout your body! It is one of the few supplements I actually do recommend taking if you need an extra kick.
  • amclaws25
    Options
    I got some. First half dose today before my workout. We will see. :)
  • bhall33
    bhall33 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have used No-Xplode in the past and its an incredible pre-work out supplement, gives you tons of energy to power through your workouts at a high intensity. Definitely doesn't taste the greatest but the energy you get from it makes it worth it. Some people get an upset stomach from it, so start with a smaller dose.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/xplode.html
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    NO products are the biggest placebo scam since Muscle Marketing's Liquid Creatine back in early 2001. You'd have to take a minimum of 25g, either orally or intravenously, at a time for L-Arginine to produce NO. There are tons of peer reviews debunking that garbage. When you analyze a product, don't just listen to claims: find if their "studies" actually proves them.

"There was no significant difference between the 2 trials in plasma nitrate and nitrite, lactate and ammonia concentrations and peak and average power in the exercise. The results of this study suggested that short-term arginine supplementation had no effect on nitric oxide production, lactate and ammonia metabolism and performance in intermittent anaerobic exercise in well-trained male athletes."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18708287

"Collectively, these results suggest that NO2 Platinum effectively increased plasma L-arginine levels; however, the effects observed in brachial artery blood flow and serum nitric oxide and eNOS were attributed to resistance exercise rather than NO2 Platinum."

http://www.jissn.com/content/7/S1/P22
  • amclaws25
    Options
    NO products are the biggest placebo scam since Muscle Marketing's Liquid Creatine back in early 2001. You'd have to take a minimum of 25g, either orally or intravenously, at a time for L-Arginine to produce NO. There are tons of peer reviews debunking that garbage. When you analyze a product, don't just listen to claims: find if their "studies" actually proves them.

"There was no significant difference between the 2 trials in plasma nitrate and nitrite, lactate and ammonia concentrations and peak and average power in the exercise. The results of this study suggested that short-term arginine supplementation had no effect on nitric oxide production, lactate and ammonia metabolism and performance in intermittent anaerobic exercise in well-trained male athletes."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18708287

"Collectively, these results suggest that NO2 Platinum effectively increased plasma L-arginine levels; however, the effects observed in brachial artery blood flow and serum nitric oxide and eNOS were attributed to resistance exercise rather than NO2 Platinum."

http://www.jissn.com/content/7/S1/P22

Thank you for the info. I just got a 10 dollar bottle. Didn't notice anything with my first dose. :(
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't usually say this...but everything GeekyJock said was spot on. I couldn't have worded it any better myself. Nice use of citations with enough empirical evidence to support your argument. That is how a well formulated post should read.

There isn't much left that can be said. Food is the most anabolic substance you can put into your body, allocate those funds that would otherwise be wasted, on more wholesome sources of nutrition.
  • amclaws25
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys!
  • alohamoore
    Options
    Aloha to those interested in Nitric Oxide,

Unlike other available Nitric Oxide supplements, Qivana PRIME Nitric Oxide Activator provides multiple sources of NO precursors that the body can utilize, rather than relying solely upon L-arginine as a source of NO (Nitric Oxide) synthesis. And Qivana, unlike other makers of Nitric Oxide supplements also provide a PRIME Instant Indicator to track current Nitric Oxide levels.

Go to www.AntiagingPrime.com to find lots of information on Nitric Oxide (NO).

Mahalo (thanks)