Blister on my heel

Options
I have been walking the same for months now. On Wednesday, I walked 4.1 mph for about 5 miles. I did the same thing on Friday, I ended up with a HUGE blister. Does anyone know what might have caused this? Any suggestions to prevent this from happening again? Also, how to get rid of it FAST? Thanks

Replies

• justme0362
    justme0362 Posts: 38
    Options
    LOL ... the cause can be anything. I got the worst blister once from the tinyest grain of sand in my shoe. With that said, I walked my treadmill the other day in bare feet and developed a doozy of a blister. Man it hurt ... finally after limping for a few days I found a "blister treatment" band aide thingy in the foot care section of the drugstore. I put it on and it's like I don't have a blister any more. What a relief ... I'm going hiking tonight now that it doesn't hurt any more :happy:
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can use "Moleskin" also. They sell it in the foot care aisle. :)
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Band-aid makes this great product called "Friction block." It looks like a mini container of roll on deodorant that you just rub on the areas of your feet that rub against your shoes (i.e. heels). It works miracles! (Also great for use with high heels that haven't been broken in yet!)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Might be time for new shoes!
  • lodogz
    lodogz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just bought another pair of shoes. I had my feet fitted. I owe 2 pairs so I alternate them.
  • lodogz
    lodogz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay, my blister has healed on my heel. I applied glide on my feet and also wore socks that runners use that have extra padding on the heel. I did my walk today and ended up with a blister again on the same heel as last time, just not as big. Im wondering if the heel spur could be causing it. What do you all think?
  • wojewok
    wojewok Posts: 38
    Options
    get a compeed plaster, I use them all the time for bilsters and they work wonders
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Get the moleskin - apply the glide first and then the moleskin over that it will help tremendously -