Tired

Options
Has anybody else just been totally exhausted since starting a diet/exercise plan. I have been going to bed at 9:30 -10 and waking up at 7. I usually go to bed at 11 and wake up at 6:30 7. I am exhausted during the day too, I usually eat a good carb snack at this time. I heard when you start a diet you are not getting all your vitamins and minerals your body needs since your calories are cut. Wondering if I should take a multi.

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    A vitamin couldn't hurt. Are you exercising too? Sometimes the new routine takes a bit of adjustment. If it carries on though, you should speak to your doctor
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Nothing hardcore, all I do is walk. But some of my walks are 4 miles long which is somethng new. But usually I do a 2 mile walk at 30 mins. I will give it some time. I have been doing this for about 5 weeks now.
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey Carrieberrie - if the exercise you've added is new to, read this post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64171-good-info-i-came-across-today

I was feeling very fatigued, falling into bed earlier than usual, etc and came across the post earlier this week. I'm in week #7 of my new program. You may find it helpful too.

Are you getting enough protein? That may also contribute. Or it could simply be your body adjusting to a new lifestyle and needs a little time. Good luck and hang in there!
  • carrieberrie
    Options
    Hey Carrieberrie - if the exercise you've added is new to, read this post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64171-good-info-i-came-across-today

I was feeling very fatigued, falling into bed earlier than usual, etc and came across the post earlier this week. I'm in week #7 of my new program. You may find it helpful too.

Are you getting enough protein? That may also contribute. Or it could simply be your body adjusting to a new lifestyle and needs a little time. Good luck and hang in there!

Thanks I will check it out! Actaully I go wayyy over my protein everyday
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I actually posted on this last week, only got one response so I can't really help you. I was also tired and sleepy but am feeling better this week after a couple of rest days.

I take a multi and a calcium and every night at 10 pm I go to bed because if I don't I will fall asleep standing up. I think my body is telling me that this exercise and diet are great but so is rest!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I was feeling this way when I started, always tired, feeling dizzy and out of it.

I realized that it was my blood sugar, and I wasn't eating often enough, or enough period!
    Now I try to eat 200-300calorie mini meals every few hours or so and not only do I feel better and have energy but it helped me lose faster too!
  • twilight1542
    Options
    Without knowing more about your goals I'm left wondering if your body is reacting negatively to your dietary changes. Did you drastically reduce calories per day? Cut out caffeinated beverages? Aren't drinking enough water?

My goal is 2lbs per week, so 1200 cals per day not including however many exercise calories I feel like eating--I exercise in the evening before dinner so I only eat til I'm full. When I started I was a caffeine addict so I weaned myself off it slowly, although I still do & probably always will have my morning coffee :) I also added a multi-vitamin to my daily routine. My problem was never over-eating or having a sweet tooth, but liquid calories ( high calorie drinks) & eating what's convienent.

So if you went from a high calorie per day intake (eg more than your MFP maintenance calories) to a low number (eg 1200-1500) your body could be reacting to that. If that's the case you might increase to a number closer to maintenance then reduce by a 100 or so calories per week until you get to the goal number.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps :)
  • carrieberrie
    Options
    Without knowing more about your goals I'm left wondering if your body is reacting negatively to your dietary changes. Did you drastically reduce calories per day? Cut out caffeinated beverages? Aren't drinking enough water?

My goal is 2lbs per week, so 1200 cals per day not including however many exercise calories I feel like eating--I exercise in the evening before dinner so I only eat til I'm full. When I started I was a caffeine addict so I weaned myself off it slowly, although I still do & probably always will have my morning coffee :) I also added a multi-vitamin to my daily routine. My problem was never over-eating or having a sweet tooth, but liquid calories ( high calorie drinks) & eating what's convienent.

So if you went from a high calorie per day intake (eg more than your MFP maintenance calories) to a low number (eg 1200-1500) your body could be reacting to that. If that's the case you might increase to a number closer to maintenance then reduce by a 100 or so calories per week until you get to the goal number.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps :)

MFP puts me at 1200 calories a day. The highest I go is 1400. I dont think I drastically cut my calories since I always "tried" to eat good but of course splurged....well...more than I care to think about. Probably before MFP I was eating 1800-2000 calories a day. I will se how I am doing in a couple weeks, if not any better I will make an appointment to see my PCP.