looking for tips to organization

Options
HI Guys............1st day today. Have never tried recording my calories, foods, etc because of the time to menu plan and shop.
Any ideas on what works as far as logging, ie: time of day, etc. and if you log at end of day...........do you make out a menu
first for the week or day, what are your specific organizational skills for success? Need to lose 26 lbs............hope I make it. I am
53 and it's harder than ever.................

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    HI Guys............1st day today. Have never tried recording my calories, foods, etc because of the time to menu plan and shop.
    Any ideas on what works as far as logging, ie: time of day, etc. and if you log at end of day...........do you make out a menu
    first for the week or day, what are your specific organizational skills for success? Need to lose 26 lbs............hope I make it. I am
    53 and it's harder than ever.................

Every person is different with different methods of the when-where-what-and-how.

You just have to find a method for yourself that works for your individual circumstance/situation.

Personally speaking, I log my entries pretty much as I go. Then there are days when I know what I have planned for meals, Ill pre-log it ahead of time.

I work a pretty hectic schedule 40-50hrs per week, add two music practices per week, another 10-12hrs per week of commuting, then the gym workouts are five days per week, then its the normal routine at home of preparing the meals, doing laundry, etc....

There is always a time and place to make commitments happen.. its really up to the dedication of said-individual to adapt changes and to stick to them.

Its definitely not a one-size-fits-all category but, Im sure others will share their methods here too!

Good luck!
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP!

I think it totally depends on your lifestyle. For me, because I am super-organised, I like to log my food and exercise the evening before - that way I can plan my food and I'm less likely to cheat. Plus if I know I've got something coming up (like, for example, a co-worker's birthday who'll be bringing in cake) I can budget accordingly (an extra half hour workout in the morning).

If that doesn't work for you, I think the other way that's good is when you log what you eat immediately after you eat it - this works best if you have the MFP app, so you can do it anywhere. If not it's so easy to "forget" that handful of biscuits!

The most important thing is to always, always be honest with yourself!

Best of luck on your fitness journey, I know you can do it!
  • jimgatewood
    jimgatewood Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and been doing this 7 months now and I've found that using the mobile app has been very helpful. I log in my food just before I eat it. If I don't know the calories I don't eat it. That helps to make good choices also.
    21604338.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • pbray1256
    pbray1256 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    very well put
    my wt loss is directly related to my commitment to myself
    thanks for sharing..............
  • pbray1256
    pbray1256 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think doing it the night before to plan for the next day would make best sense for me
    thanks for sharing!