Anyone Else Struggle During the Weekends?

Options
During the work week, I stick to be diet beautifully. But the weekends come around and it's so hard!!! I'm surrounded by foods I don't see during the week!!!! How do you deal with the weekends???!!!!

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    When I stay home, it's usually not a problem. When we go camping..... my eating goes a bit wonky.

But I still log it all, since I use a weekly calorie goal as opposed to starting over every day with a daily calorie goal.
  • Abigailbee3
    Abigailbee3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same situation! On Saturday I allow myself a few extra calories or a splurge meal or two and relax all day, but that's the only day! I also run on the weekends too, only walk in the week.
  • Fitfortat
    Fitfortat Posts: 47
    Options
    I have the same problem, I try to be as active as possible to account for any slipups. Go to the gym, go for a walk, clean house, garden or just be goofy and dance around the house w/ your fave music! Most importantly don't beat yourself up if you slip, just move it off! EAT LESS, MOVE MORE, SMILE OFTEN AND LIVE FULLY!
  • whwalker88
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for about 6 months. This past weekend was the first one I actually tracked and stayed partially on track and it feels great. We can do this! Just keep your goals in mind.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue. My wife is not really trying to watch what she eats, and that is fine. When i approached her about me getting back into shape, I made it clear that She did not have to, but i would love the company. Well, she isn't thrilled about it, so I leave her alone.

However, That means she still wants to go eat Chinese, Mexican and pizza. I know everything is decent in moderation, but when i eat pretty good all week, manage to exercise at work as much as possible, it kinda stinks to blow it on the weekends. My goal is get her into my program so this doesn't happen any more. It is a slow process.

It is also hard for me to really exercise on the weekends, because she wants me to stay busy with them, and not spend two hours on weights and a treadmill...

So yea, weekends are a struggle for me as well!
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes! I structure really well during the week but weekends are a big problem for me. I just try to make sure I get some exercise and try to at least stay within calories if nothing else. I also try not to beat myself up when I DO blow it..
  • successleadstosuccess
    successleadstosuccess Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    THIS IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE! How do you guys track things for the weekend?? For example: If you have dinner at a friend's house (and the calories of the food she cooked, and what she used) or go to a birthday party (and the calories of the cake)? I find it impossible to! Any ideas?
  • Anthyitis
    Anthyitis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    By trying my best to stay out of situations where I'm seeing those foods. My social life used to revolve around food. Going out to eat (weekly), hanging out at friends houses (who then offered me foods that weren't good for me), there was food everywhere and it was really hard to make good choices. So when I go out, I try to avoid doing things that involve food. It doesn't always happen, but being around food only sometimes is better than all the time.

I also go to the famer's market on saturday morning and after coming home with bags of fresh, tasty looking produce I feel more inspired to eat them than to eat junk. I just have to pretend that I don't see the freshly made baked goods on my way out.
  • klalaw
    klalaw Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Weekends are definitely tougher! I deal with it by planning my meals as early in the day as possible, trying to fit in family walks, and allowing myselt to use Saturday as a cheat day if necessary - I know that one day won't undo all the good work I've done during the week, and just try not to go completely overboard.
  • ndmain1977
    ndmain1977 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did at first. I'm at the point now though, where I'm able to keep it up 24-7.

I just put myself in the mindset that I'm restricting calories now, but when I get to where I want to be, and am just maintaining my weight, I'll be able to eat more calories then, so it gives me something to look forward to. Of course, I'll still be making healthy choices, and creating a maintenance diet I can live with the rest of my life, but I'm not worrying about that right now.

Plus, I know how I'll feel after I eat something I shouldn't, or more calories than I need. I'll look at the number and feel like crap.
  • microMXL
    microMXL Posts: 51
    Options
    yeah, I have this problem too
  • Nadvicza
    Nadvicza Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! Week days I'm awesome with my eating habits but weekends I spend in drive throughs or drinking..... Basically I jus workout hard core on weekends because it's just noe possible for me to resist food!!! I love it too much!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    HA...shoulda seen my status this morning... was good all week (1800-1900 cals)....then saturday and sunday.... BOOM!! 9000 calories at least. sigh*. life happens.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I try to fully enjoy what everyone else wants but I am learning to monitor portions. The guilt still trips me up sometimes but I am trying to pick healthier options when we eat out (thank you mobile app!) and if we do Mexican I don't eat the annoying basket of chips and dip they offer, I order water, something with veggies, etc. It is difficult but progress is recognizing my options. You will figure out something that works best for you. Just log it all and if you go over know the world will not end. Just try again tomorrow. :)
  • Rukadare
    Rukadare Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend works all week, so I do really well because I cook all my own meals and eat at home. But on the weekends when he's free, we go out to eat, and it's very hard to not go out of control. xD But the good eating seems to be countering the bad eating on the weekends. So, so far, so good.
  • jeffsinkw
    jeffsinkw Posts: 16
    Options
    Same thing here. I do great during the week and then on the weekends I eat out a lot so my caloric intake goes sky high. I've started to try and get more excercise on the weekend by doing yard work, walking, etc. to help make up for it. Also, I try to plan ahead. If I know I'm going out to eat I look online for healthy but tasty options to order once I get there. I'll also use MFP to look up the nutrional values on certain dishes before I order. That's just my experience. Hope it helps. Good Luck.
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    yep im the same , me and my other half tend to have chippy on a sat , i no i dont have to eat big portions of it , this wk end just gone omg wont be having that again was over 10000 cals luckily ide been good in the day was out walking for hours on end shopping , he doen need to lose weight at all he is very active plays tennis hectic job , me im not as active ive rhemautoid arthritis have had foot reconstuction this january 12 ,so been off my off my feet , i only work part time also i go back to work on the 2nd july so hopefuly will lose more of the weight been back , i put most of it on when i gave up smoking 1 and half years ago so fingers crossed im losing that weight now as well good luck every one it is tough xx:bigsmile: i forgot to say im good during the week within the cals range, but come sat ,,,, sunday can be tricky as well roast dinners ...
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I eat what I want on the weekends (within reason) and work my butt off the other five days. It seems to be what works best for me
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    it wasnt intended to be that way i wanted to be more in control. yesterday i went to a street fair and wanted to enjoy a treat
    had 1 zeppole an empanada and a gyro....it didnt nd there
    italian bread, penne ala vodka, 2 tacos, a magnum bar and potato chips
    redemption monday is here again :-(
  • richyrich89
    Options
    I cut back and save up 400+ calories over the week and use that as my "safety net" on the weekend.

This way I don't gain weight, and with my cycling now I can burn it off quickly. :)