Lets talk about: scales....

Options
I just purchased a new scale for hopefully more accurate weigh ins. I hate to say this, but I'm a typical male, so hopefully that will give me a pass, but I was using the freight scale at work to weigh myself, since I didn't have a scale at home.

Anyways... I decided to spend a little money this time, instead just getting a 5 dollar bathroom scale, and bought one of the ones that tracks you're weigh ins, and also has the metal you stand on barefoot, and it supposedly gives you you're body fat percentage.

My question, does the body fat calculator on those things actually work, or is it just a gimmick?

Replies

• Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    I don't trust my scale at all - I will hop on 3 times in a row just to be sure because as it is a newer model & digital sometimes it just doesn't read right. The other features I don't even bother with. Logically if it cannot perform its #1 function I have no faith in the other added bells & whistles.
    I really wish I'd could have found one of the old fashioned type.

One night I almost picked it up & threw it out the window because I got on it & weighed 8 lbs more that the morning. I was MAD because I knew there was NO way eating the same way was going to put 8lbs more on me in 8 hours. So I waited for it to reset, got on it again - now I weighed 4 lbs less than what I did in the morning (losing 12 lbs just hopping off the scale again) and so I let reset again because as much as I'd like to believe that... I picked up the scale and moved it to another area in the house and got on and off 3 times before I got a correct reading.

Just as bad - sometimes it will tell me I've lost weight when I haven't. Next time I find a crappy old fashioned scale I'm buying it and throwing the digital in the recycle bin... lil lying scale of hell... yep