Sweet potato pie smoothie :)

Options
So I'm on a liquid diet from getting wisdom teeth removed and desperately needed some variety! My breakfast for the last two days has been carrot sweet potato pie smoothies:

1/2 cup cooked mashed sweet potato (I made it with a combo of carrots and sweet potato... Mostly cause I needed to use up some carrots that I forgot about in the back of the fridge!)
1/2 cup almond milk (I used Aldi's brand vanilla, you could cut more calories by using plain or unsweetened)
1 cup coffee (can be swapped with water of you don't like coffee)
1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/2 tbs natural peanut butter
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Vitamin Shoppe's spiru-soy vanilla)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tbs coconut manna (can use coconut oil or skip altogether)
1/2 tsp flax oil (again opional)
A couple ice cubes

You *can* just put it all in the blender and go but I wanted to make sure the oats were softened, I put the oats milk and coffee in my magic bullet and let it sit overnight in the fridge then added everything else this morning and pulsed it in the blender till it was all smooth and combined.

Disclaimer: this is not low carb or low fat!! That being said the fats are healthy fats from the coconut & flax oils and the carbs are mostly from the sweet potato and oats.
Calories: 376
Fat:13.8
Carbs: 51
Fiber: 6.7
Protein: 13.6

Tasted great and kept me full for hours :) I you wanted to cut calories and fat further you can swap out for either unsweetened almond milk which would cut about 25 calories or skim milk, and nix the oils.

Replies

• Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    OMG I HATE Sweet Potatoes and I hate Pie...but I LOVE Sweet Potato Pie. makes absolutely no sense :)
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    OMG I HATE Sweet Potatoes and I hate Pie...but I LOVE Sweet Potato Pie. makes absolutely no sense :)

Lol!! I love all things sweet potato and sweet potato pie is one of my favorite desserts!! Hope you like this one :)
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    woop woop! Can't wait to try this at some point.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Yum. I've used sweet potato and butternut squash both in smoothies before, with delicious results!