My scale isn't budging!

toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
And my clothes don't feel any different. So frustrating! Makes me want to just give up, but I know that's not the answer, that will just make me feel worse.

Grrrr *%&* stupid scale I hate you when you don't cooperate with me! *kicks it across the room*

*whew* Okay, that feels slightly better.

Replies

• Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    How long have you been at this, toots?

I'm a 7 weeks and would really love to start feeling a difference in my clothing. So frustrating!

Don't give up, you're not alone!
  • toots99
    From January to May I've lost 25lbs. I've been at a plateau pretty much since May. I exercise at least 5 times a week, and just started a C25K plan and I am on week 5.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Try adjusting the settings on here. Like in most things, there are a certain set of assumptions made. If you don't fit perfectly into those assumptions you have to adjust. When I had problems with the scale moving early on, I adjusted my activity level down and took one walk a day that I didn't track. The scale started moving for me. Maybe it is something like that.

Good Luck. Don't give up. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    It's working, believe me! don't give up.. You'are slowly getting there. You just don't notice it yet.
    My scale hardly move.. I won't feel much different in my jeans... until I notice..
    my jeans are getting longer on me... At first I thought I was getting shorter..
    NOPE.. my thighs are smaller and also my lower stomach... but my waist is the SAME.
    I notice my butt is now bubble butt.. since I do heavy weight lifting.. MUSCLE.. probaby this is why my tape measurement did not change much better.
  • Have you been doing the same work outs since May? You may need to try different work outs or vary what you do (ex: run longer or faster or a higher incline). If you do the same thing for too long your body doen't have to work as hard so it's not as much of a challenge. Do you use a watch/arm band to determine calories burned? That might help you if you are relying on what gym machines say. What you actually burn may be different. I agree with what Chenoachem said. I used to log my walking from my car to work (10 minutes each way) but I stopped logging it since I do it everyday and focused on getting other exercise.
  • toots99
    I'm going to go back to counting points on Weight Watchers. That's what I was doing when I lost the 25 lbs. I'm still going to track everything here, but I'm going to go by points instead of calories. If I start losing again, well then, that's what works for me!
  • Mine isn't either! I don't expect miracles, but a pound or two would be nice. Especially since I just started and most people lose a bunch of weight in the beginning. Maybe I'm slow to start and it will pick up...I hope anyway...

Obviously I didn't get the ticker thing right...
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    *kicks the scale right back at you*

Yep, my scale is about as good as a hockey puck...it certianlly will get more use.

Good luck with your plateau. If I had the answers, I would give it to you....but, I'm in the same boat as you.

:flowerforyou:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Have you adjusted your calories based on your new(er) weight? What about changing up your cardio? Try something different to shake up your metabolism? Maybe exercise during a different time of day? Or different days of the week?

Just some thoughts!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Have you adjusted your calories based on your new(er) weight? What about changing up your cardio? Try something different to shake up your metabolism? Maybe exercise during a different time of day? Or different days of the week?

Just some thoughts!

Thread hijack for a second.... Ooooh, Stormie, I like your new picture! :wink:

Hijack over....

I agree, mix stuff up a little..... maybe eat MAINTENANCE for a week, change your workouts.... see if that makes a difference.
This discussion has been closed.