Who is your idol?

Options
You are what you think you are? If you think you are a lean mean machine, you will act eat like that person pretty soon the outside will match the inside.
This is so true about me. When I feel bad about my physical appearance, I eat badly.
But when I do feel good about myself I dress better, eat healthy. Workout does give me confident that make I feel good about me. I just have some new pictures taken.. and boy I do look different than 4 months ago. I use the new picture as my laptop wallpaper so I can look it EVERY DAY.. :laugh:

My idol is my weight lifting instructor. She's full of muscles.. a perfect body and she is 47 yrs old.
When I just met her I thought she is in her late 20s or early 30s. When she wears her regular clothes she look like a little petite woman .. but then she wear sher workout clothes. she looks big and so strong.
That's who I want to be. I'm 5'1. If she looks that good at 47 yrs old.. then I know one day I can get there since I'm just a couple years younger than her.

Replies

• selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I admire my good friend, Sandra. She's a teeny tiny thing that started training over a year ago to compete in the Miss Universe contest. She's 40 & is all of 5 ft tall & was about 100 lbs... she's gained about 15 lbs of muscle and there isn't an ounce of fat on her body. The sculpting of her body is just extraordinary. My goal is not to look like that, but her commitment has been inspirational.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    My idol is my almost 9 year old daughter. She is very content with who she is. And when her "friends" makes a comment about her belly (typical for her age) or do their silly, "I won't be your friend if you don't...", she simply says ok or thank you and walks on with her life. She isn't cocky or conceited. But she is confident and strong and active. She knows her limitations when it comes to eating. She doesn't feel the need to eat all the doughnuts or piece of cake. She loves to run, jump, play, dance. So I work very hard on my self-image and am very careful on how I go about losing weight and making sure it's healthy so that she can maintain this positive, self-confident attitude that I admire so much.
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    My Idol has nothing to with weight loss. Currently my idol is Fran Drescher. I love her. The Nanny is like my favorite show to watch at night. And not only that she survived cancer because she was very persistent and went to like 8 doctors before someone finally diagnosed her. She also works for the United Nations now (which I hope to do one day) advocating women's health issues.
  • kimberjones
    Options
    My 'idol' or the person I want to be most like is Esther, from the book of Esther. She was obedient and dedicated to the life God placed her in and, even when she was unsure about her circumstances, she continued on and did what she knew was right and what she knew she had to do. I relate that a lot to my weight loss. I can't see the end goal. I don't know the process by which I'm going to get there but I know that if I do what I know I need to do (eat right and exercise) my body will improve it's health and I will, in the end, be successful - I may never see a size 12 again. But it's still okay because my goal isn't related to a particular size of jeans. My goal is to glorify God with the body He's given me and be able to use it to serve others, have fun with and love on my family, and just enjoy the wonderful life I have! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Kimberjones, that was great! What a wonderful outlook!:smile:
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Beautiful words...kimberjones!! I thank God every day for the life He has given me and that I am alive for 'such a time as this'. :flowerforyou:
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My 'idol' or the person I want to be most like is Esther, from the book of Esther. She was obedient and dedicated to the life God placed her in and, even when she was unsure about her circumstances, she continued on and did what she knew was right and what she knew she had to do. I relate that a lot to my weight loss. I can't see the end goal. I don't know the process by which I'm going to get there but I know that if I do what I know I need to do (eat right and exercise) my body will improve it's health and I will, in the end, be successful - I may never see a size 12 again. But it's still okay because my goal isn't related to a particular size of jeans. My goal is to glorify God with the body He's given me and be able to use it to serve others, have fun with and love on my family, and just enjoy the wonderful life I have! :flowerforyou:

love this!! Excellent post Kimber!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful kimber:flowerforyou: I am trying to develop a gentle and quite spirit but the carnal vain part of me still wants Laila Ali arms and torso :sad:.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Marie Osmond:smokin:
  • doodlebug
    doodlebug Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    kelly ripa. she has a job, 3 kids and a hubby. Yes she has a personal trainer...but she would not look like she does without doing the work........love her!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    OMG -Dara Torres! She's 40-something and just had a baby and awesome.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

She lives 5 miles from my house!! :glasses:

She is awesome and a true inspiration to those of us over 40!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Scarlet Johanson for me, she is just beautiful.
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    Kate Winslet. She is gorgeous, and thin, but she doesn't look unhealthy and she doesn't cave to the demands of society as far as weight loss goes.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

She lives 5 miles from my house!! :glasses:

She is awesome and a true inspiration to those of us over 40!
    Even for those creeping into our 40's. She's superwoman. Lucky you living so close to an inspiration!