Biggest Loser MFP Weigh In 2/20/08

Options
Last night I spent most of it at the hospital with my Dad so I did not get to see but the last few secs where I see that our beloved team of under-dogs where sent to elimination, and the ex-husband from the original Yellow team was sent home.
All I can say about that is. ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR MINDS??!!?? Why or EARTH would you send a GUY home when your team NEEDS a guy to lose the big numbers??
But what can I say.
Being late this morning I did not weigh in so I have no CLUE how much I weigh, But then again with dealing with My fater being sick, right now it is not an issue for me, Or I just do not want to know right now.
I do not feel that I have gained OR lost so I will stick with whatever I was last week, which is 170.
Last Week: 170
This week: 170??
So tell me What DID happen with the show last night???
--Diann...

Replies

• diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Last night I spent most of it at the hospital with my Dad so I did not get to see but the last few secs where I see that our beloved team of under-dogs where sent to elimination, and the ex-husband from the original Yellow team was sent home.
    All I can say about that is. ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR MINDS??!!?? Why or EARTH would you send a GUY home when your team NEEDS a guy to lose the big numbers??
    But what can I say.
    Being late this morning I did not weigh in so I have no CLUE how much I weigh, But then again with dealing with My fater being sick, right now it is not an issue for me, Or I just do not want to know right now.
    I do not feel that I have gained OR lost so I will stick with whatever I was last week, which is 170.
    Last Week: 170
    This week: 170??
    So tell me What DID happen with the show last night???
    --Diann...
  • bricker06
    Options
    sorry i got caught up in american idol so i didnt see the show.
    last week 247.6
    this week 246.8
    loss this week .8
    total -23
    a dissapointing week for me. however i wasnt as diciplined in the exercise or water last week and we were gone for the weekend where someone else was cooking for us. i made good choices but still cant control how things were prepared.. back to work this week thouhg hoping to hit the 25 mark on sunday:smile::wink: :smile: :wink:
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    Most of the show was filming the players at their homes going out to eat with their families. Pretty boring stuff!! Most of them did okay with eating out and not stuffing themselves,except Paul. I don't know how he could be comfortable stuffing his face with all those chicken wings and downing those sodas with cameras in his face, knowing that everyone would see it!!!

Jillian called everyone from her team the entire week, but Paul woudn't answer her calls. so she was pretty ticked off about that when they got back to the ranch.

the black team won a challenge where they had to have three people from each team jump over rotating bars, and then ducking under the other side. wasn't an extremely exciting challenge. Brittany won it for the black team. (I'm hoping she wins the whole thing....she's very dedicated) So for winning the challenge they got to choose two members from the blue team that would weigh in 24 hours earlier than everyone else. so they chose Roger and Dan.

but they lost a total of 26 pounds between the two of them. so then 24 hours later at the official weigh in the blue team lost a total of 50 pounds and the black team lost only 20 something....

At the elimination Maggie, Brittany and Bernie all voted for Paul, and Paul and Kelly voted for Bernie. Paul walked into elimination wearing his yellow shirt and told them that it felt like he and Kelly were still being treated like their own team apart from maggie, Brittany and Bernie. Numbers wise I think it was wrong to send Paul home, but personally I didn't like him much and I couldn't believe that he did so bad when he went home.

so that's the update.....

now for my weigh in....

beginning weight - 274.5
    last week - 255
    This week - 254.5

only 1/2 a pound this week, but 20 pounds total in just under two months!!
    But I've lost a total of 12 inches (added up from waist, chest, butt, legs and arms)
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    This was a disappointing week for me as well. I have been sick and have not had the strength or energy to exercise and have eaten more processed foods for sheer convience. I'm up two pounds :sad: but know that I will rebound quickly after I recover!

As far as the show goes...I was okay with Paul going home b/c he was defianetly the least disciplined of them all when he was home. He even ignored all of Jillian's phone calls!!!! I know the "game" is about who loses the most weight but it's too bad that there can't be some sort of reward for effort and staying on track even if you don't happen to lose the most weight.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight this week as far as pounds go. Still 144 but I can't complain since I haven't been this small in years! I did lose 1/2 inch off my hips though! Must have come off last week when I was walking in Disney World! I kind of hoped that I would lose a pound since I hardly ate anything last week and walked all day for 7 days. But I didn't drink enough water so that may be what it is. There's always next week!
    I am glad Jay lost so much. It looks like Roger might be eliminated next week but you never can tell from the previews. Seems like the nice guys always get eliminated. Paul probably needed to stay but he was getting an attitude so I guess it was best he was voted off. Hope you have a good week!:flowerforyou:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well I was at 184 a couple of weeks ago. Then I had those back problems and within 2 weeks I gained 5 pounds back :ohwell: But now that I'm back to working out and eating better I weighed in at 185.8 today. So I'm definitely back on track :happy:

:heart: Kels
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Last week: 214.6
    This week: 213.4
    Loss: 1.2 :smile:

I was glad to see Paul go after his attitude & how 'well' he did at home. I couldn't believe the Blue team still lost so much with being home for the week. WOW. But you could tell they still stuck to their work outs pretty good.

Next week looks interesting.

Til then.

SG :glasses:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    well I am down a pound but still up overall, put myself back on my plan and made a promise to myself to keep me motivated and going.

Anyway....
    224.6 last week
    223.6 this week

Oh, and Paul needed to go home, his attitude was crappy and if he doesn't work on his attitude and his lifestyle then he will be overweight forever. Paul has what it will take to lose weight but he needs to be determined to make it a lifestyle change and get his new girlfriend in on it because I think she likes to eat too! :wink:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I thought that the show was great. I was so proud of the blue team as they really worked so hard. I loved it that the one brother on the blue team kept taking the donuts away from his little boy and said we will no longer have this in our home. Then he through them in the garbage. What a great example he is showing and teaching his family. :wink:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I thought that the show was great. I was so proud of the blue team as they really worked so hard. I loved it that the one brother on the blue team kept taking the donuts away from his little boy and said we will no longer have this in our home. Then he through them in the garbage. What a great example he is showing and teaching his family. :wink:

I'd have a bite then throw them away! :laugh:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1/09/08 296 Starting Weight
    1/30/08 282
    2/06/08 281
    2/13/08 278
    2/20/08 276 This week!

YAY!!

:happy:
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as last week (172.2) and I am ok with that. I know next week will be better - at least it wasn't a gain right? But you know, I didn't "P" before I weighed in so I am sure I weigh more like 145 :laugh: :laugh:

Charlene
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Starting..........215.5
    Last Week.....203
    Today.............201.5

Another 1.5 lb and 6.5% in total gone!!!

100's HERE I COME!!!

I was glad Paul was sent home. He had a bad attitude and I wanted to punch him when he kept making those stupid faces and rolling his eyes at the weigh in. And the fact that he still considered himself the yellow team was a smack in his team mates faces. I am glad Kelly didn't agree. It was funny how no one gave him a hug goodbye.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.... I have not been able to watch the show for the last few weeks.. Just been unbelievably busy but I cant wait for the reruns!!!!:happy:
    Here goes some stas:!!!!!!
    Start MFP: 146

1/9/08 144.8
    1/16/08 141.4
    1/23/08 140.6
    1/30/08 142.4
    2/06/08 141
    2/13/08 140
    2/20/08 138

Thats a 2 pound loss from last week and that puts me down in the 130's....... I have not been this low since sr. yr in high school. But Miami is coming up so I have to kick it up a notch. My goal by Spring break in 2 weeks is 135. I just figure slow and steady... As long as I can keep my self from not going overboard this weekend when I go home :) ....
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Last week: 184 pounds
    This week: 183 :glasses: At least it's something.
    I've changed my workout routine some so I'm hoping for a bigger loss next week.
  • Cherylann402
    Options
    Starting weight: 185
    Last week: 181
    This week: 180

It's coming off slowly, but at least it's coming off!!!

I am glad Paul was off too! I kind of liked him, until last night. It made me furious that he didn't even TRY to stick to anything when he got home!!!! If he didn't want to think about his own goals, he should have at least considered his team!!!!

I wasn't a bit surprised that he hadn't lost anything more in the big reveal at the end of the show. Yeah, he was sick, but I would think he would have LOST weight while in the hospital!!!

I just don't think he was on the show for the right reasons. He will be one of those folks that gains it all back, and then some. It will be interesting to see him at the finale.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm on a few of these, I love seeing our results!!!

Journey's start: 290 lbs
    Last week: 259 lbs
    This week: 255 lbs!!!!!!!!

Yay, 4 lbs this week! 35 lbs since I started!!!!!!

Great job everyone! Keep up the fantastic work!!!
  • abetterme
    Options
    I forgot to post.

Last week 236.8
    This week 236.0

I started on Jan 2nd at 254.6 I am almost at 20 lbs lost.