Rewards?

Options
I plan on going to the gym everyday for a week (read my blog for more info) and I want someway to reward myself if I actually do it. I'm on day 2 and I've already been today despite the way I woke up so I'm pretty proud of myself. I can't really afford new clothes or anything and I don't really see the point in buying them until I go down a size or two. Just something cheap and fun that I'll enjoy. Any ideas?

Replies

• feel_the_love
    Options
    What I like to reward myself with is..
    getting my nails done, buying a new cd or movie, maybe even a starbucks. :drinker:
  • missbabybee
    Options
    My reward is a new pair of shoes for every 10 lbs. They'll still fit after the weight loss. :tongue:
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    You could buy a charm braclet and a new charm every time you meet your goal. This also stands as a constant reminder that you did what you said you were gonna do. You can get them pretty cheap online.
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    my favorite inexpensive reward it purchasing songs for my MP3 player. This reward does double duty because the new music adds new pep and motivation to my workouts!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    What do you love? Maybe a new lipstick, your favorite salon hair product, a movie date...
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    Health magazines! Under 5 bucks, entertaining, promote your new lifestyle and give helpful hints and motivation to keep it up
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    I love all these ideas. I think the charm bracelet thing is a good idea. I'd love to do the shoe thing but I don't think I can afford that. I'd end up with 13 pairs of shoes which would be awesome though if I had the money.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    my favorite inexpensive reward it purchasing songs for my MP3 player. This reward does double duty because the new music adds new pep and motivation to my workouts!!

Yes! I do this too! Whenever I get new music I can't wait to go "try it out" on my morning run!
  • twilight1542
    Options
    You could buy a charm braclet and a new charm every time you meet your goal. This also stands as a constant reminder that you did what you said you were gonna do. You can get them pretty cheap online.

What a fabulous idea :))
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    i am glad a few people liked the charm bracelet idea. It is a really nice way to treat yourself. I was doing the "pamper yourself" thing, which is nice, but for me, i couldn't look back at each set of nails, or each haircut, or each time i got my eyebrows done etc. so it just kind of got old. Having a material thing that you can keep makes realizing how far you have come much clearer.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was being bad and using a food reward... until a supportive co-worker found out and she scolded me... TCBY has $0.99 Waffle cones on Wednesday. I am participating in a Biggest Loser competition at work and if I lost weight, I'd treat my daughter and I to one. Well, the co-worker woke me up to that it's not a good idea to reward myself with FOOD. LOL Anyway, I personally like the manicure / pedicure idea... new make-up, perfume, jewelry... anything to make your NEW YOU feel better. BUT NOT $0.99 TCBY WAFFLE CONES... LOL
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love the charm bracelet idea. I want to lose 50, so a charm for every 10 would be neat.