Replies

• lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Eadne
    Eadne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A tiny drop of vanilla extract makes a huge difference in flavour for virtually zero calories...
  • louised88
    louised88 Posts: 159
    Options
    bump for later
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    1/3 C steel cut oats (instant)
    1 C water
    2 Tbl PB2 (peanut butter powder)
    1 Tbl light maple syrup

215 Calories ... 9.4 gms protein, 5.8 gms fiber, 3.8 gms fat

FTW
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump!
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    YUM YUM YUM...all of these sound amazing. Can't wait to try them!!! Thanks I love getting new ideas I really get in such a rut when it comes to my food.
  • jesspnk4
    jesspnk4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this at least once and see if I can get over the "cold" oatmeal thing :)
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Oh my goodness, so yummy!

1/3 cup of quick oatmeal (cook normally..maybe a little less water than usual)
    1 tbsp of Peanut butter
    1 table spoon of semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix it all together and it is so yummy!

Only 260 calories! Makes a great lunch!

Sounds great. As a lunch it wouldn't fill me up, but it is a great snack or breakfast.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How can you go wrong with PB and chocolate??!!!
  • CrystaLight74
    Options
    Might have to try this!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • lorazaruba
    lorazaruba Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've been doing something similar for a while and it's my go to breakfast now! (UK)

Oats So Simple Chocolate sachet (121cals)
    Two teaspoons of coffee mate (20cals)
    One small teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter (61cals)

Make the oats and coffee mate with boiling water and microwave for a minute, you have to watch it though to make sure it doesn't rise over the side of the bowl (very messy!) The coffee mate and peanut butter make it creamy without milk and it's delicious - all for 200 calories!
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    I do a similar recipe though add in a scoop of vanilla whey protein isolate..and no choc chips for me
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I want to make this NOW...but I will wait til i get home from work. :smile:
    In a small mason jar (size comparable to a PB jar) I add in this order:

1/3 cup almond milk (you can choose between unsweetened and the chocolate; at 1/3 cup, the difference is 25 calories)
    1T unsweetened cocoa
    1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup greek fat free plain yogurt
    1T chia seeds
    4 to 6 T chocolate PB2
    1 to 2 tsp honey

Close jar and shake until mixed nicely. Then add half a banana, sliced, and stir. Close jar, and let sit in the fridge overnight. You can let it chill for 2 or 3 days if you want, but this stuff is so delicious it is hard to not eat it as soon as it is ready.

For those who haven't seen overnight oats before, you may be hesitant to eat "uncooked" oats, or a oatmeal concoction served chilled. Do it once. You'll be a happier, healthier person. For people who like the idea of chocolate oatmeal, this will be better than your best imaginings.

With maximum ingredient amounts, this recipe comes in under 400 calories of healthy goodness. You can easily edit the sugar/PB2 to reduce calories to approx. 310 calories, or leave out the banana and bring the total in under 275. I recommend full amounts however. Perhaps the most delicious meal you will eat. Try it. Life will change.
  • 13pointUNO
    13pointUNO Posts: 51
    Options
    sounds good!
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I want to make this NOW...but I will wait til i get home from work. :smile:
    In a small mason jar (size comparable to a PB jar) I add in this order:

1/3 cup almond milk (you can choose between unsweetened and the chocolate; at 1/3 cup, the difference is 25 calories)
    1T unsweetened cocoa
    1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup greek fat free plain yogurt
    1T chia seeds
    4 to 6 T chocolate PB2
    1 to 2 tsp honey

Close jar and shake until mixed nicely. Then add half a banana, sliced, and stir. Close jar, and let sit in the fridge overnight. You can let it chill for 2 or 3 days if you want, but this stuff is so delicious it is hard to not eat it as soon as it is ready.

For those who haven't seen overnight oats before, you may be hesitant to eat "uncooked" oats, or a oatmeal concoction served chilled. Do it once. You'll be a happier, healthier person. For people who like the idea of chocolate oatmeal, this will be better than your best imaginings.

With maximum ingredient amounts, this recipe comes in under 400 calories of healthy goodness. You can easily edit the sugar/PB2 to reduce calories to approx. 310 calories, or leave out the banana and bring the total in under 275. I recommend full amounts however. Perhaps the most delicious meal you will eat. Try it. Life will change.

Sounds great! Where can I get Chia Seeds?