Pictures send me into a deep, deep depression

Options
Every time I see a pic of myself lately, it just sends me into this deep spiraling depression. I don't look like that to myself. It makes everyone really mad that I won't get into pics or delete all of those I'm in. I just can't see that person...

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Just grab a couple of them and hold onto them to use as before pics. They're not you forever, they're just you until you decide to change.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It is good to be motivated to look and feel better, but having such a negative self image is unhealthy. I pray that you find yourself and love yourself. As you are, but respect your body enough to get healthy for the right reasons. Blessings.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I have 1 of the me I was before I gained weight and one of me now on the fridge. It stops me from getting so down because I know I can be that lovely fit girl again and having them on the fridge curbs the temptation to grab those snacks I know I don't really need.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't get pics taken either. They are just too d*mn depressing. I'm OK with the mirror, but the whole picture thing just bugs the crap out of me. I don't look 10 lbs heavier, I look like a walrus (minus the tusks and whiskers :bigsmile: )