what to eat for dinner with 1016 cals left??

Options
2»

Replies

• kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i agree with tara... make sure you are counting correctly. i was AMAZED when i got a food scale at how off i was estimating portion sizes.

if you are sure its correct, have the cheeseburger... like the others have said, don't deprive yourself! this is a lifestyle change, and i know i am not willing to go the rest of my life without a cheeseburger!!!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    A cow? That is a big-*kitten* dinner if it's healthy foods. It would be easy to get that at a restaurant, however.:smile:
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm having 2 chicken fajitas with a side of refried beans tonight, for almost 800 calories. Mmmmmm. Seriously, if you have the calories for it, eat what you want, it won't mess you up as long as you portion control!
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Evan, lol no I can stop after one.. I guess I am just overthinking it since it is not exactly a healthy food..
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    your pimento cheese sandwich seems low.....wheat bread is normally 100 cals/slice (200 for sandwich) and that's not even counting the pimento cheese.
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bbq pulled pork sounds yummy!!! Thanks for letting me know about that website it looks good... also to Jan do you still lose weight eating all that for dinner?

I am in maintenance mode now, but I did. Granted I only lost 12 lbs, but I have always loved a big dinner with a drink (meddling kids) and it hasn't seemed to be a problem. The Mister and I love to cook and eat big family dinners so it's natural to eat more for dinner.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    2 of everything...
    or take this oppurtunity to go out to eat.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You have plenty of calories left, have the cheeseburger and enjoy it :flowerforyou:
  • cheergirl1993
    Options
    I thought so also, I got it from a little deli type place.. i know my wheat bread at home is 50 a slice and pimento cheese about 90 for 2 tbs but i didnt know exactly what bread they use except wheat so didnt know how to log
  • cheergirl1993
    Options
    lol would it be ok to add in some crinkle fries instead of chips haha?
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options

Sweet potato fries are yummy :wink:
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I had about the same left, now I have only 500 or so left.
    I had a dinner of 2 poached lemon and herb salmon fillets, beetroot, baby spinach, cottage cheese and a courgette, carrot and broccoli mix ( love my vegetables).
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    From a calories standpoint, it shouldn't mess you up. I had a whole bunch of calories left over by dinner on Saturday, so I had a Five Guys little bacon cheeseburger w/mustard & mushrooms and 3/4 of a serving of their fries*. Still left me with enough for a glass of wine and a Skinny Cow ice cream bar. I lost 3 lbs for the week, so it didn't seem to have an impact! Go for it!

*I ordered a regular fry, knowing its like 2 or 2.5 servings. The guy filled the regular size cup, put it in the bag and then added two more huge scoops of fries on top! I swear, its more than you'd get in a bag of frozen fries!
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Sweet potato fries are yummy :wink:

Forget the BBQ, I want a cheeseburger and fries! ... Like the other folks said, if you logged right, and have a but load of cals to eat, then go for it. It will be detrimental if you mis logged and over eat and go over your goal... I mess up my logs a lot so I know how easy it is done... You can always eat up to your cal limit every day, and eat back your exercise cals to...

I look at it this way, these amounts are averages, and sometimes are not exactly spot on. So I don't eat back all of my exercise cals just to be safe, but I always get more than 1300 per day regardless...
  • Annasenior1
    Options
    I have the same problem sometimes. I save on cals during the day but when it comes down to dinner I just don't know what to have to use up the cals but that is healthy and not high in sugars.
    I think you should go for a good bowl of pasta with a tomatoey sauce and toasted pine nuts and a sprinkling of feta cheese!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    How much is 1/2 ounce of grapes? Like 1 grape?