My effing awesome NSV today

Options
misskerouac
misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
The Grouse Grind.

If you live in the Pacific NorthWest maybe you've heard the name, or it's nickname "Mother Nature's Stairmaster"

If you haven't heard of it here it is (with some very attractive lady running up it like it was poofy clouds):
BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI3MjAxMS8wNS8xNS8wMF80M180Ml82MTZfMjAwOTA5MTJfR3JvdXNlTXRuXzQzOC5qcGcGOgZFVFsIOgZwOgp0aHVtYkkiDTMyN3g1MzAjBjsGRg

Region: The North Shore
Difficulty: Difficult
Time: 1.5 - 2 hours
Distance: 2.9km
Elevation Gain: 853 meters

# of "stairs" : 2830

I have done The Grind 3 times before today with my best time being just over 2 hrs. I am not a hiker, never claimed to be one, so I set myself a goal for this summer to do The Grind in under 2 hrs. If I could do that, I would be so happy.

I got up this morning and drove to the North Shore, started my timer and headed up. At the 40 min mark I thought "either this is the slowest I've ever gone or I missed the 1/4 mark sign" then I saw it... THE 1/2 WAY MARK!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!

It made me so happy, I just kept going, rarely stopping, just going slow and steady and before I knew it, I was at the top!! I ran over to the "official timer" and looked at my watch....

1 hour 22 minutes!!!!!!

I almost started crying right there.
I knocked just over 40 minutes off my previous time.
This is the first time I have done it since I started exercising 4-5 times a week.

So I sat on top of this gorgeous mountain and ate my protein bar and my apple and stared out into this beautiful province I live it, seeing mountains, the ocean, and the city and I was genuinely happy.

abc55bb5.jpg
38f3ff98.jpg

Everyone here inspires me everyday, and assures me that I'm doing the right thing. That even when I don't see the scale move for weeks, that I am still getting healthier and in better shape everyday.

Thank you :happy:

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! And what a view :smile:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Wow, does it look like that the entire 2.9 km? Shoot me now LOL. Good job!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Wow, does it look like that the entire 2.9 km? Shoot me now LOL. Good job!

Yes, lol, it's "stairs" and rocks the whole way up.
    82minutes isn't bad, but it's not great, so i hope to keep getting better.

The record is 21 minutes, I have no clue how lol
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i am from vancouver too.. and my goal is to do this before end of summer... when i do... lol you and every other person wll hear me scream from joy at the top!! way to go!!!!
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That is so incredible! Great going!
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Is this Vancouver WA Pacific Northwest? I'm in Vancouver and would love to try this one out. I know it will kill me but it looks so beautiful and serene at the top that it would be worth it!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Is this Vancouver WA Pacific Northwest? I'm in Vancouver and would love to try this one out. I know it will kill me but it looks so beautiful and serene at the top that it would be worth it!

Vancouver, BC.
    So not THHHAAAATTTT far lol
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! And the view doesn't get much better than that.
  • dbb9263
    dbb9263 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I am very impressed, and what beautiful country to enjoy!
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! Also, "running up it like it was poofy clouds" made me laugh. Well done, truly. Thanks for sharing the accomplishment, and the beautiful photographs!
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Congrats on your victory! It looks absolutely beautiful!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    How awesome are you?...pretty damn awesome in my book!!!!!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    that is awesome congrats!
  • catattack13
    catattack13 Posts: 117
    Options
    love you girl. this is sheerly, simply, badass awesome.
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Seattleite here; never heard of this but looks INTENSE! Nice job today! :D
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm so proud of you!. Way to stick with the program and show the Grind who's boss. The Grind is one of my ultimate goals, I can't wait tell Grouse where to stick their gondola prices!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You are flippin awesome!!! :) Way to get a NSV and just---- completely bada**!
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    You are awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!